When is Spring Break in 2007?

nycruise

This question comes up several times each year on these boards and the answer is: it depends. Depends on what area of the state's you're talking about, depends on whether you're talking public schools, parochial schools, colleges and universities, colleges on semester years vs. colleges on trimester years, etc.

Rule of thumb we use when planning late winter and early spring cruises is to expect the largest number of spring breakers between March 1 to late April.

Dianne

I work for the New York City Public School System and our spring break is from Monday April 2nd through Tuesday April 10th. We go back to school Wednesday April 11th.

Colleges may be different. Long Island usually runs the NYC schedule.

Also, if you are set on finding a March cruise, think about booking a cruise of 9, 10 or more days. Longer cruises tend to attract fewer spring breakers. Cruises 7 days or less will generally have more kids, teens and college kids during March.

Dianne

;) CruiseVinnieCruise - for that fabulous link. We had booked out of NYC for 4/21 and then I realized I might have really hit the Spring Break time - but based on the info on that website we're FINE. Thanks again - this place is such a good source of information:)

Archived