Noise from Above in Navigation Deck Cabins

avalon1025

Hi. We were in an SS (thanks to an upgrade) on Westerdam, forward. In the early morning we heard some muffled scraping of chairs from the Lido deck, but it was kind of nice. Reminded us that we were on a beautiful ship and that we could either sleep in or start getting ready for the day's adventure in port. That slight chair noise sure beats the clanging of trash cans at home.

Mrs Muir

We were on the Zuiderdam in April 2005 in "SS" 8095. No noise. For me to say that is unusual because I am such a light sleeper. The slightest noise, such as a door closing will wake me. Just never pick a cabin above the theatre or cocktail lounges or under the whirlpools and spas. Have had the spa cabin overhead and heard towel carts being rolled at all hours !!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We were in a VA cabin - aft - on the Westerdam. It was located below the aft pool area. We had no problems - in 21 days we only noticed noise from above once. It was a non-issue. Go for it. The Navigation deck is a very convenient deck to be on since its only one deck up to get to the Lido or the pool areas.

It's not ALL beer and skittles! We had 8112 on the Oosterdam, aft of the elevators on the port side, right under where the Lido restaurant opens onto the Lido outdoor pool deck. The deck IS, no question, convenient to the Lido. But we heard noise on the pool deck above: chairs and tables moving and scraping, and people dropping stuff. Even a woman in high heels pegging along. One night they were up there at 4:00AM doing all of the above. And in the early morning, the crew hoses down the deck. One morning he left the hose hanging over the side, and it banged against the side of the ship until I almost went nuts.

I am not hard to please, and I'm not just being a pill about this. If I had choice, probably would not book on the Nav Deck-Vista Class again. Maybe under the Lido restaurnat isn't so bad because it's carpeted up there. That's probably why the suites are mid-ships!:) But I think there is a reason most of the high-end suites and penthouses are one deck down!

It's not ALL beer and skittles! We had 8112 on the Oosterdam, aft of the elevators on the port side, right under where the Lido restaurant opens onto the Lido outdoor pool deck. The deck IS, no question, convenient to the Lido. But we heard noise on the pool deck above: chairs and tables moving and scraping, and people dropping stuff. Even a woman in high heels pegging along. One night they were up there at 4:00AM doing all of the above. And in the early morning, the crew hoses down the deck. One morning he left the hose hanging over the side, and it banged against the side of the ship until I almost went nuts.

8112 is right beneath the curved staircase that comes down from Observation Deck to the aft Lido - no wonder it was noisy!

Archived