Pinnacle Grill Menu .........

sail7seas

Geeeezz !!!.. He just posted a 5 word question..:confused:

Sadly I suspect Matt's gone the way of many of Newbie posters here on the HAL board.. He had the misfortune of posting on same thread as one the "Full Time Lurkers" who happened to be bored and needed to "torment" an unsuspecting newbie to brighten her day..

Wow, if I didn't know better in the begining, I NEVER would have booked a cruise on HAL if I thought "Some" of the mean spirted posters here represented the typical HAL cruiser.. THANK GOD they don't.

To poor Matt & almost everyone else .. Have a Nice day :)

Srpilo

Listen I can speak for Matt and everyone else here, no we aren't going to pay for 2 entres if we eat them. If HAL lets us order two, we shall eat two.

On Carnvial I wanted to Surf and Turf at the fancy Golden Fleece upscale and they told me "no, one entre per person per time per order" but I could pay another $25 (yes Carnival charged $5 more than HAL) and have both.

I politely declined their most generous offer to cough up another $25 for a Tail even if it was the size of my arm.

So HAL knows what they are doing here. If you ask for two and they give you two it's okay. If they don't they will charge you for two. It's that simple. However, even me, and Peaches knows I can eat some 6 lobster tails at one sitting, would find eating a 20 oz porterhouse steak and 10 oz. of lamb racks would be difficult especially if you save room for the volcano.

As far as greens go they do have that wonderful pear salad hand tossed at your tableside. Now I could eat two of those! The grilled asparagus are okay but a few other greens would be nice like a brocolli with hollandase sause or even a nice green bean casserole. If you do the soup, the appetiser(crab cakes for me) plus that extra stuff they bring you in-between courses, the salad, any of the main entres plus the volcano could you eat another main meat? I doubt it.

Geeeezz !!!.. He just posted a 5 word question..:confused:

Sadly I suspect Matt's gone the way of many of Newbie posters here on the HAL board.. He had the misfortune of posting on same thread as one the "Full Time Lurkers" who happened to be bored and needed to "torment" an unsuspecting newbie to brighten her day..

Wow, if I didn't know better in the begining, I NEVER would have booked a cruise on HAL if I thought "Some" of the mean spirted posters here represented the typical HAL cruiser.. THANK GOD they don't.

To poor Matt & almost everyone else .. Have a Nice day :)

Srpilo

Glad someone else noticed Srpilo.

Matt - wherever you are - enjoy your two entrees if you can get them !!!!!

Can you order two main dishes? Ribeye and lamb?

Hi Matt:

I'm quite sure you could if you wished. They bring around a platter to show you the various cuts before you order, so that would give you an idea of the sizes of the various cuts of beef and the lamb.

I've eaten there a few times and it has always been fantastic !

Enjoy your cruise.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know?

I understand that on the first night on board the Pinnacle Grill is $10 each. Because it is the first night of the cruise, what is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill? Will we have our luggage and everything by then? Or is it business casual on the first night?

Thanks

Yes - the first night on board is $10 - but you need to book in advance by calling HAL.

As far as dress - there is no separate dress code for the Pinnacle Grill.

I understand that on the first night on board the Pinnacle Grill is $10 each.

Correct. You can either call the line to schedule it before you go, or you can schedule it in the waiting room at the pier, waiting to board the ship. At least, that was the case last year.

Because it is the first night of the cruise, what is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill? Will we have our luggage and everything by then? Or is it business casual on the first night?

The first night of any HAL cruise is casual (slacks, nice shirt -- knit, silk, print, polo, etc) ... I'm not sure what, exactly, "business casual" means (those terms change definition so frequently). :) Some people like to dress up a little more for the Pinnacle, even on casual nights, but you'll find that many/most people will dress according to the code for the evening.

And, you should have your luggage by dinner time on the first night. Indeed, I've always had my luggage before sail-away ... sometimes, even before the lifeboat drill.

Does anyone know?

I understand that on the first night on board the Pinnacle Grill is $10 each. Because it is the first night of the cruise, what is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill? Will we have our luggage and everything by then? Or is it business casual on the first night?

Thanks

We were on the Zuiderdam last year and had booked the Pinnacle for the first night prior to getting on ship. Unfortunately, we did not receive our luggage in time for our original booking. We had to delay our reservation until after we received our luggage. When we finally received our luggage, we rebooked for later the same night. That said, we really enjoyed the dinner in the Pinnacle, and the cruise overall. We are going back this year on the same ship, different itinerary, and will be going to the Pinnacle again.

Archived