More Refunds from the 7/11 Affair!

craiggers14

I did get half of my refund on my Amex card; when called Princess told me they were doing it in 'two phases'....funny, but I had to pay in 'one phase'...then told I had to get the balance from my travel agent; who called and said no...he spoke with Guest Relations and I would receive the balance by next week...will check and keep you posted.

The cruise up to that point was just wonderful....but that 'episode' wiped out all of those memories...sometimes the mental anguish is just as severe as the physical...healing takes more time....in my opinion.

I believe ALL PASSENGERS should get the refunded onboard charges...since it was only by the GRACE OF GOD that we weren't all injured or killed.

This was incompetence on the part of a crew members. We were on the starboard side going down...me on my balcony...it was terrifying....I too am having trouble sleeping at night...reliving this incident.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone on that ship especially those with physical injuries.

Margoula, please hang in there. Re AMEX, I was on the cruise and they credited my account in full so keep at it with both Princess and your TA. You may also want to call AMEX and alert them to what is going on. I called and made them aware that a credit was coming. Once I received my credit, I then called and requested a refund check. FYI, I booked two cabins and received the credits for both in full.

If you want to talk/commiserate with those also on the cruise, you may want to check out the July 11, 2006 roll call on the roll call thread. I would post the link but I do not know how.

I will tell you this, you are not alone when it comes to being unable to sleep. There are a few who are having this issue.

I also agree that we should all get the 25% credit for a future cruise. I am going to wait until tomorrow and if nothing shows up in my CC account, then I'm going to call my TA and write a letter to Princess.

Hamptod

Ok, we are all waiting with baited breath for "Craiggers and Nice Girl" to scan THE LETTER today...hopefully they will do that so we can seize the opportunity...:confused:

Kind of odd how some people are having issues with getting their cruise fare refunded. We got our very quickly in one lump sum and it came from Princess, not through the TA directly back on our Am Ex.....makes you wonder about the behind the scenes goingson with the pricing. Seems like every one gets a 'different deal'.....:rolleyes:

It is very odd that people are not just getting the credit/refund back in the same method with which they paid.

That's what I got. I paid on my VISA, and the refund (eventually :)) was on my VISA. There were no "multiple" "partial" payments, no going through my TA (whom I HAD used), and the amount was exactly right.

I had to think about it for a few minutes, but it was correct. (I had gotten some money back after a price drop AFTER final payment, even though everyone had told me "Princess doesn't do that" :D)

Still waiting the THE LETTER....... I can't seem to get much done cause I have to check CC so often!!! Don't want to miss anything.

Another puzzle, our 'new members' that Carol and Nancy met have the 25% credit but got no letter....Carol - any word on the credit they got to their credit card - was it the cruise fare or shipboard credit????

I am thinking I may send my letter to Princess requesting confirmation of this refund and credit even if we don't see the original letter??? Can't hurt to get it from the horses mouth - then we can all get on with life!!! What do you all think????:confused:

Archived