Internet Access on Costa Mediterranea

furkidsmom

Is there Internet Access on the ship? On Celebrity there was something called Connect@Sea that let you hook up your laptop in your room.

If that isn't available, is there an Internet Cafe on the ship?

TIA :D

I was looking at the website just tonight, and they have an interactive feature that lets you look at all the decks - one of the decks showed an internet cafe in the library.

I have no idea of costs or anything else, and I'd be curious about that...

i was on the magica western carib, but i assume the med is similar.

internet cafe was 50 cents (american dollar) per minute and the speed of the computers and connection was fine, not slow at all. no laptop hook up or wireless thru out the ship.

i was on the magica western carib, but i assume the med is similar.

internet cafe was 50 cents (american dollar) per minute and the speed of the computers and connection was fine, not slow at all. no laptop hook up or wireless thru out the ship.

Did you notice if they had any "package" deals? More minutes for less $$?

:D

Did you notice if they had any "package" deals? More minutes for less $$?

:D

no i did not notice nor do i think they have a package deal for X number of minutes for Y number of dollars.

just courious, approx how many minutes of online time would you require on a cruise?

depends on the cruise - when I cruise with family, I don't spend much tim eon the internet at all. When I cruised a few weeks ago with a friend, and that friend got sick and spent 2 days out of a 4 day cruise in her cabin, i spent more time online than I intended to...

just courious, approx how many minutes of online time would you require on a cruise?

My DH takes pictures and usually does a daily update to friends and family. It is something he's done for quite a few trips and he loves it and so do they.

We both have online businesses too - so they need to at least be checked along with email. Surprisingly, even a few quick checks add up into big $$ when you are paying by the minute. When we took our Alaska cruise, we ended up in an Internet Cafe in every port :rolleyes: - having access on this ship is so much nicer! :)

My DH takes pictures and usually does a daily update to friends and family. It is something he's done for quite a few trips and he loves it and so do they.

We both have online businesses too - so they need to at least be checked along with email. Surprisingly, even a few quick checks add up into big $$ when you are paying by the minute. When we took our Alaska cruise, we ended up in an Internet Cafe in every port :rolleyes: - having access on this ship is so much nicer! :)

i see

but with your DH taking pics be fore warned, i dont think there is a way on the Med. to upload pics to the computer (and thus email them). on the magica there was no way to attach any usb or firewire cable to the computers. the computers were in a locked ventalated box under the desks, all you had access to was the monitor kb and mouse.

I emailed them about the Mediterranea and asked if it was ike the Magica and they said yes. The Magica's internet was only at the internet cafe and you could not use your laptop, you could not even use a disk, nothing except their computer. I was so disappointed. I asked them to reconsider their computer rooms and let us use our laptops and I received a reply:

Dear Bonnie,

The internet is the same on all of the ships, only the computers internet cafe has service to the internet. For any further questions, pls. call our special services dept. at 1-800-445-8020.

Thank you,

Costa Cruise Lines

----Original Message---- From: Bonnie's AlltelSent: 07/22/2006 01:22 PMTo: info@us.costa.itCc: Subject: Internet

I was very disappointed with Costa regarding this.

Archived