Got my sling seat cane - looks neat

gooselace

For anyone who can walk short distances but can't stand for long periods, I think this is really great. Unlike the canes with the little round plastic seats that you straddle, this one unfolds to provide an 18x8 inch mesh seat, much more comfortable. It's lightweight and attractive. I know that there will be a lot of waiting in lines on the Baltic tours, and I'll be able to take this anywhere without inconvenience.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to look into cane seats. I'll write a report when I get back.

Please post a link to where I can purchase one of these. Sounds like the perfect thing for my upcoming Med cruise. Sometimes standing for a long time really hurts my legs. This sounds perfect.

Please post a link to where I can purchase one of these. Sounds like the perfect thing for my upcoming Med cruise. Sometimes standing for a long time really hurts my legs. This sounds perfect.

There are several sources, and various prices, online. I got mine for $23 at www.target.com. Apparently not available at the stores but came promptly.

Archived