Tendering at Tortola?

2kruzers

There is a dock at Tortola and you won't need to tender. Never been there on a Carnival ship...went on Zuiderdam, but I'm sure Carnival uses the dock also. When we went there we were on the edge of hurricane Frances and didn't do any excursions. It rained the whole time and many of the local folks had evacuated to higher ground.

Yes indeed there is a dock. Just walk right off. Ive been on the Carnival Legend 2 times with a stop in Tortola.

I went the Virgin Gorda both times while in Tortola. The Baths are not to be missed. They are spectacular and have wonderful snorkeling.

There is a dock but tendering depends on how many ships are in port that day. There have been ships that had to tender.

Don't hold me to this, but the dock might accomondate 2 ships.

Check cruisecal for the number of ships in port the day you will be there.

Yes indeed there is a dock. Just walk right off. Ive been on the Carnival Legend 2 times with a stop in Tortola.

I went the Virgin Gorda both times while in Tortola. The Baths are not to be missed. They are spectacular and have wonderful snorkeling.

Marge, Did you go on your own (via ferry) book an excursion with an outside tour operator or with the cruise line? I have to be back on board by 3:00 pm. I wanted to book with Patouche but will need 10 more people to do so. I was also contemplating the ferry but have been hearing that it is not so reliable. If my only choice is to book with the cruise line and deal with a the crowds of people or should I just spend my day relaxing on a beach in Tortola?

Archived