Day sail on St. Martin ?

XTEACH281

Any suggestions for a fun day sail while in port at St. Martin ? thanks -----

I'm not sure if you want a quiet sail or a 'faster one' but we loved the Golden EAgle catamaran.. it's a cruise with a beach/snorkeling excursion we found on the Carnival web site. Music drinks sandwiches and music...lots of fun! just be careful where you sit, if your in the front you will be very wet...LOL:D

We went on the Pirate Ship sail and snorkel (booked through Shore Trips) last summer and it was a wonderful day - everyone had a great time from kids to grandparents. They cook spareribs out on deck and they were delicious. It is a short walk to the marina from the pier, making for an easy day!

My DH did the Americas Cup Regatta<sp> race, he adored it. I did the horseback ride and also enjoyed it, except for the very begining when we had to ride through a oil refinery area, besides that it was beautiful. They did a good job. I think St Martin was by far the nicest port we went to. St Thomas was just too populated!!!

For a laid back sailing (with snacks and BBQ provided) you may want to consider Lord Sheffield's. We did this earlier this month and it was a fantastic experience. The boat is a 72 foot tall masted sailing ship. It sailed the southern side of St. Maarten and then anchored off Mullet Bay and we swam around for over an hour. When we got back on board the boat to head back to the port, they served BBQ ribs and chicken - yum! :) (Irishgirl provided the website above.)

We rented a Jeep for $70 dollars insurance included and went driving around the whole island. We went to Orient Beach, Divi Beach and made some other stops along the way. People are very polite and they excercise the outmost courtesy on the road. It is a chance to explore St Maarten without the time restraints of a guided tour and with a Main road around the whole island, there is no way you can get lost.

Great deals on Orient Beach. $5.00 for a chair, beach unbrella with a drink included. (This is a clothing optional beach, however; there is a family area to the left) St. maarten is a beautiful island and I think it is a good idea to explore it at your own time. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived