Nail Polish to Last All Cruise Long

I do my own nails (natural nails) and the polish always starts to wear and chip so quickly; I hate having to pack nail polish remover and take the time to freshen up my mani on the ship. One solution is to buy those nail polish remover pads in the foil packet. They are much nicer to carry than a bottle that might get opened.

But here is my "find of the season". I started buying OPI clear, quick-drying, topcoat just because it dries quickly (I'm such a klutz and always get a smear or smudge or ding in my wet nails). Not only does the OPI dry very quickly to prevent damage, but it really does serve as a great protectorant and keeps my polish from chipping much longer than anything else I've tried. I don't think it will last the entire 10 day cruise, but it's better than other products I've tried.

Thanks for the tip! Where do I buy this? Last year I found a color I liked in the Essie brand and it stayed on well. I also like Artistry. If I do a basecoat and a topcoat, I can get it to last at least 10 days and I am very hard on my feet - barefoot whenever possible! ;)

I love OPI! Never have a problem with it chipping (I do use the topcoat...but now I'll try the quick dry!).

Another tip to keep polish from chipping if you have an issue is to put a layer of top coat between each of the color coats. I do this and my toes once every 2 weeks, and they wear great!

Enjoy your cruise!

~e

Thanks for the tip! Where do I buy this? Last year I found a color I liked in the Essie brand and it stayed on well. I also like Artistry. If I do a basecoat and a topcoat, I can get it to last at least 10 days and I am very hard on my feet - barefoot whenever possible! ;)

I usually buy it at the salon where I get my nails done....but my grocery store started stocking it a while back (if you can believe that!)

~e

I usually just bring the color of OPI that is on my nails along with me on the cruise and if I have a chip, ding, or whatever, I just touch-up that one nail. I don't remove the color I just add another layer over the damaged nail. It works great for me and gets me through the whole cruise without having to re-do my nails.

I usually just bring the color of OPI that is on my nails along with me on the cruise and if I have a chip, ding, or whatever, I just touch-up that one nail. I don't remove the color I just add another layer over the damaged nail. It works great for me and gets me through the whole cruise without having to re-do my nails.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that uses this trick:o. I love OPI. It is really the only polish that I buy now b/c it wears so well. I will look for the topcoat while I am out this week.

Somone ( sorry I don't recall who) on this board turned me into a junkie for this product as well.

It dries at lightening speed!!!!

By the time I get to the next finger, it is dry!

It can go over wet polish to try it immediately as well.

It has a mirror, and I do mean mirror shine to it!

My fingernails ( natural ) last 10 or more days with this product....toes longer. ( And I am mommy to three, so my hands are always in high speed!)

BTW, those with french manicure, it keeps UV from yellowing it.

Just another option to have.:D

17280megashine.jpgProduct Description:

MEGA SHINE

Extended wear top coat

• Exclusive Micro-Diamond formula with light-refractive diamond particles to add shine and strength
  • Mirror shine
  • Dries manicure from top to bottom in just 60 seconds!
  • Prolongs manicure for up to 8 days!
  • Fuses and seals manicure layers into one protective shield
  • Resists chipping, cracking, peeling and damaging moisture
  • Special UV inhibitors keep color fresh and stops fading
  • Forms a super-hard protective waterproof shield to seal nail color

Thanks for the tip on the Sally Hansen Mega Shine - it has to be cheaper than the $10 OPI. Also thanks for the tip on OPI shopping on ebay - I wouldn't have thought of looking there.

I also love the silly names of the OPI. I recall buying Aphrodite's Pink Nightie.

I don't have any nail polish on right now but decided to go ahead a paint a coat of the mega shine top coat on my bare nails for the heck of it and I am AMAZED how quickly it dries! It really does dry to a hard touchable surface in less than a minute! That in itself makes it a great product in my book! It has a very nice shine too. If it is as durable as it claims to be then this is truly a winner! Thanks to desperatehousewife for bringing it to our attention! :D

I don't have any nail polish on right now but decided to go ahead a paint a coat of the mega shine top coat on my bare nails for the heck of it and I am AMAZED how quickly it dries! It really does dry to a hard touchable surface in less than a minute! That in itself makes it a great product in my book! It has a very nice shine too. If it is as durable as it claims to be then this is truly a winner! Thanks to desperatehousewife for bringing it to our attention! :D

'Whell thankya... thankya very much....;) !'

I wish I could take all the credit, but I got it awhile back off of here when I posted a thread about what the salons use to give you such a mirror, wet shine that lasts.

Someone, I should do a search to give proper credit, suggested this product and I have been using it ever since.

It does dry instantly.... wait until you see it with a color beneath it.... it really shines.:D

It hardens your nails too BTW.... my nails have never looked better.

Glad you found it and like it!;)

'Whell thankya... thankya very much....;) !'

I wish I could take all the credit, but I got it awhile back off of here when I posted a thread about what the salons use to give you such a mirror, wet shine that lasts.

Someone, I should do a search to give proper credit, suggested this product and I have been using it ever since.

It does dry instantly.... wait until you see it with a color beneath it.... it really shines.:D

It hardens your nails too BTW.... my nails have never looked better.

Glad you found it and like it!

WOW!!! I did post it originally!!

YEAH, I CAN take credit!!!

I went to look to see who originally gave me the idea... and it was me!!!:rolleyes:

Once I posted it a few people had tried it so that must have been what stuck in my mind.

LOL, all this time....now if I can only reach my back...

There...got it.... a couple of pats:D :rolleyes:

Here is the original thread there are some additional tips somone might use.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340649

Archived