Business hurt for Crown?

mdmomof7

If my friends' experience is any indicator then I'd say, no. As of yesterday they are looking to cruise on the 8/16 sailing and it seems nearly completely sold out. There are a few suites left, but w/ a family of 4, that may be prohibitive. They are still considering it.

I wondered if future cruisers would be backing out of their bookings on Crown, esp. based on the INITIAL reaction here on these boards. That does not seem the case.

I'd love to do the Crown - the itinerary seems marvelous and sailing out of NY - so special! Maybe next time. :)

The Crown is old news except for certain people here. Its almost forgotten by the public. How many people remember than many people died while the QM2 was in drydock? People move on except for some people who are obsessed....or paranoid---you think you know who you are :)... The Public has moved on....how anout those Mets...

I don't think future cruisers would necessarily back out because of what is posted here, rather the people who do post here obviously want to know about cruising and are more likely to know the ins and outs than the general public. With that in mind, there have been some CCers who have said they would not want to sail the Crown or who would take a wait and see approach before they'd sail her. If those who are "in the know" more than the gp are giving deeper consideration whether or not to book future cruises on Crown and when, then I'd think the gp would be even more hesitant. That does not seem to be the case.

Acquaintances who knew we loved our cruise have been asking us if we heard about the list and what did we think. They were a bit surprised we were again sailing on Princess. I didn't realize how far the news had spread, but at least in our backyard it's known.

Your assumption is correct.

Karen

Baltimore

Crown Princess 9-3-06

I wondered if future cruisers would be backing out of their bookings on Crown, esp. based on the INITIAL reaction here on these boards. That does not seem the case.

Archived