A&E's TV Show "Airline"

I just read through this thread, because I saw this show for the first time last night. Last night, a guy who was frustrated because plane after plane after plane took off without him, because they simply couldn't get him on any of them after he was bumped from his original flight due to weather. So, he yelled and cussed and carried on at many employees and at least two gates. Finally he gets a seat on a flight, boards, settles in, and the mad SW ee gets on and forces him off, refusing to let him fly because of how verbally abusive he was to the ees. Sure he was rude and inappropriate, but why not let him go? Geez ...

Well I watched the same episode and Ill tell you what, that guy could not contain his anger, and was cursing out the agent. She made a safety decision and removed him from the plane. What if they didnt serve his drink right once he made it up in the air? Did he have a gripe? YES, Did he handle it correctly? My opinion, NO. He was warned several times by the agent if he couldnt control his anger, than he wouldnt get on the plane. It is a business and they can refuse to do business with someone, as long as it isnt for discrimination. The same episode had the drunk woman, she wasnt allowed to fly, do you think they should have let her fly also?

I've watched the British EasyJet version, too, and the agent - Katrina - had a recurrance of kidney cancer. It really is very moving if you watched her before her wedding, and after. She has such a supportive family, and I hope things work out for her!

• 1 month later...

I finally got to watch the show for the first time. It was hilarious! I have a whole new respect for the SWA employees and what they have to put up with. Thank God none of those kind of people were never on any flights I took! :D

Archived