Greetings from the beautiful Noordam & the Med!

ekerr19

Overall, I'd have to say that I prefer the size of the S-class ships, though I prefer some of the amenities of the Vista. :)
For me, it's the R-class ships. But you're right about the amenities. Many more on the Vistas. Guess that's just one of life's little tradeoffs! We love the Prinsendam, but their "shops" barely qualify for the name, IMO. The Rotterdam is a wonderful "compromise."

For me, it's the R-class ships. But you're right about the amenities. Many more on the Vistas. Guess that's just one of life's little tradeoffs! We love the Prinsendam, but their "shops" barely qualify for the name, IMO. The Rotterdam is a wonderful "compromise."

Jim:

I haven't been aboard the Rotterdam yet - but hope to someday...

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up either, now I know why our rooms were ready when we boarded at 1:00pm, boy they sure have the turn around down don't they? We were off the ship by about 8:30am and they were even calling for all passengers to disembark at that time.

We had a great time, though I don't miss the heat nor the long flight, lol!

The heat was really something during our cruise. Coupled with the humidity, it was a bear! But we still had a great time.

Yes, disembarkation is much quicker than it used to be. But nice that we can stay in our cabins until it's time to go.

We flew to London for a few days post-cruise, and am I ever glad we got through Heathrow and home before all this current mess.

Laura, just glad to see you arrived home safe. Can't believe you got through with any liquids. I just got back tonight from a trip up to the Northeast and they took every drop of liquid from everyone who tried to sneak it through. I made sure I didn't have a drop of liquid in my carry-on and it was a breeze.

Interesting your only complaints about Vista class are 2 of my biggies: the layout of the photo area and the shop (both in offerings and layout).

Welcome home!

Laura, just glad to see you arrived home safe. Can't believe you got through with any liquids. I just got back tonight from a trip up to the Northeast and they took every drop of liquid from everyone who tried to sneak it through. I made sure I didn't have a drop of liquid in my carry-on and it was a breeze.

Interesting your only complaints about Vista class are 2 of my biggies: the layout of the photo area and the shop (both in offerings and layout).

Welcome home!

Heather -

I think what happened with us is that we got caught up in the confusion because it had just happened and we were still confined to the international terminal in Atlanta. I got pretty lucky - I shudder to think of throwing away all that Estee Lauder, Prescriptives and Clarins stuff - it costs a small fortune, lol!

Welcome home too! Look for my email, I am trying to get caught up. :)

We are working on the photo album on Webshots, check it out if you have a chance - it's not nearly done, but I scanned the formal pictures and they are there, (though I got a snide message posted about Sonny's tan line on his head) - it makes me not want to have them public sometimes, but what can you do? Most people enjoy looking at them. :)

I already peeked at your pics, Laura, because Webshots popped up and said you had new pics. I did laugh at Sonny's tan line!!! Couldn't miss it, but he looked amazing and your daughter is so beautiful. Not many of you!!!!! Loved the pics. I'll watch for more:)

Haven't seen an email yet, but I'll keep my eyes open!

I did laugh at Sonny's tan line!!! Couldn't miss it, but he looked amazing and your daughter is so beautiful.

Yeah, well he wouldn't let me use any self tanner on it either - he tried to get more sun on his head but it just didn't happened in time, lol!!!

I thought the guy in the salon did an amazing job on Katie's hair...

We trying to get all the pictures done, but we've had some trouble downloading a few of them, I am going to be working on them tonight too. We have some great shots of the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican.

I probably won't get the email done til tomorrow, though. :)

Archived