July 24th POH Cruise

We went on the cruise with an open mind, we had read all the concerns, but we knew it was the only way to view all the Hawaiian Islands.

We were upgraded to a penthouse suite, which included a butler and concierge. We never met the concierge, and the butler was not the best.

we were suppose to get robes in our room and after 5 requests and 2 days my husband went to the desk and we got them within the hour.

Never got our bed turned down until Thursday and we were told because we did not request it. (didnt know you had to request it)

Our suite was very clean, most of the staff was very friendly, had 1 bad waiter at Le Bistro we were there 90 minutes totally unacceptable.

So please dont expect the royal treatment because you wont get it. Just enjoy the beauty of all the islands...

Glad you had a pretty good time. Just for your info for the next time, most if not all of the cabin doors have a little dial on them that you can turn to either Do Not Disturb,Make Up Room, and Turn Down, I believe that's the settings on them. Since it's freestyle and they don't know when you're going to be out of the room for dinner like they do on ships with traditional dining, you need to turn the dial to Turn Down Room. Other wise they pretty much respect your privacy.

Take care,

Michael

The staff was great, most of the food was great, kept the ship very clean, and the islands were all breath taking.

dont get me wrong, we enjoyed the cruise alot, but dont expect perfection.

We have been on 3 other cruises with international staff and they take better care of you

I know you will have fun.

The shows are great.

Enjoy!!!!

The staff was great, most of the food was great, kept the ship very clean, and the islands were all breath taking.

We have been on 3 other cruises with international staff and they take better care of you

The shows are great.

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks Greyound Rescuer (I am reading that literally and good for you!!), makes me feel a lot better. Hope cruiseaddict58 is reading this :)

even after turning the dial, we found our dial turned back to welcome and the room not made yet.

Also, to refill soap and shower gell and shampoo, i physically removed the inside bottle just to make sure the room stewards would notice.

The crew was great, the viewing cruising was great. The latitutdes party was great too. Great service at the party with free drinks, including 1.75 a can soda, rum smoothies and free hor's dourvers. Didn't win a prize though. They don't give you your latittudes pins until the party.

The crew works, just depends on who you get.

Thanks for reminding me, we did use do not disturb and make up room, but neither of them worked, the butler and maintance disturbed anyway.:mad:

The butler, maybe, but why would maintence be there if you didn't call for him or complain about something?

Thanks for the post. I am going on the POH next April and am sceptical of all the negative reviews blaming "lazy Americans." Your review, although pointing out the negatives, was concise and simply stated the problems. Very helpful to know what problems might arise (and that such problems won't ruin the trip).

The shows are great.

Enjoy!!!!

;) nothing is perfect in this world but glad you had a great time and got to see Hawaii

Hey bblossom! Yes, the AB does have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, although the second bedroom is smaller and the 2nd bathrom is just like a standard bathroom.

Here's a link to a couple of pictures of an AB on the Star. The layout of this will be exactly the same as the AB and Courtyard Villas on the POH: Link

Congrats on your upsell again. Hope to see you in little over 2 weeks!

Edit: To also answer your question in the other thread about your suite, here are the ammenities, courtesy of Shoreguy:

A3-AE COURTYARD VILLAS/PENTHOUSE 38

>

> Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

>

>

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

>

>

>

> Other

> Butler Service