Has anyone sailed during Christmas?

MaryKat

We were on the Valor a few years ago. In addition to the previous post, there was a special "Holiday" program for families and children, and they passed out a gift to all the kids afterward. I think my son got a cd holder.

We did attend the Christmas Eve service, I think it was around 11 or 11:30 pm, and it did include communion.

We were on the Miracle last christmas! It was fantastic, I would much rather spend the holidays on the ship. It was gorgeously decorated. They had many crafts for the kids. They (my kids) were actually in a holiday show for the whole ship. My daughter at the time was 7 she sang with the Miracle dancers and singers. My son who was five at the time decorate the ship christmas tree on stage. They actually had snow falling on stage!!! I being a girl from Colorado found it very touching, yes tears to the eyes! At the end of the show Santa showed up and passed out gifts! Fantastic!!!! On Christmas eve we all met in the atrium and sung christmas carols. It was so much fun. I did not miss the hustle and bustle from home at all. I want to do it every christmas. You will have a great time!!!!!!!!!

Yes I do. I am not computer savy, so if you do not mind giving out your email, i will send them that way. Sorry!!!! But let me tell you it was fantastic!! We even decorated our balcony with christmas lights, our balcony door with decorations (used suction cups), just great!!! My children even made up cute, inexpensive stockings (used the dollar store)for our waiter staff and cabin steward, want to see a grown person cry. So much fun, I am getting depressed just thinking about it, wish I were going this year!

We are currently booked on the Glory for Christmas.

A question for those who have sailed during that time:

I understand that there will be a lot of families, though are A LOT of these people with YOUNG children (under 8-10) or would you say that most had older (teens + ) children?

Tom

1. My wife and i will also be on the Glory for christmas:) with our 8yr old daughter. first time doing a cruise for christmas we wanted to try something diffrent .allready have our table top christmas tree ,comes in a small box with lights and ornaments

We got off of the Pride on Christmas last year. The ship was modestly decorated for the holidays. We were told that on Christmas Day that they had a special Christmas Dinner and other christmas activities.

Thanks for all the information. My father passed away this year, so I thought this might be a good thing for the family (nine of us) and my mom in particular. Everyone is excited except my brother who is worried his young kids, 3 & 5, won't get enough Christmas atmosphere. It sounds like it should be wonderful.

We are currently booked on the Glory for Christmas.

A question for those who have sailed during that time:

I understand that there will be a lot of families, though are A LOT of these people with YOUNG children (under 8-10) or would you say that most had older (teens + ) children?

Tom

We were on the Victory last year for Christmas/New Years. There were about 1000 kids on the cruise and all age groups were pretty evenly represented. Our kids loved it, the decorations and special craft projects and such were a big hit!

bill

We have sailed three times during Christmas week. It is my favorite time to cruise. Everyone seems friendlier and the festive mood is so much fun. And it is nice being away from winter weather. We are planning on sailing at this time of year again. We have been on the Paradise, the Legend and the Miracle at this time and all were wonderful.

We're cruising December 18-23 this year - we haven't gotten brave enough to incur the wrath of mothers by not being home for Christmas. DH and I cruised December 12-17 last year for a belated honeymoon, and they were already doing some Christmas decorating and activities. We got to watch the chefs put together a gingerbread village over a couple of days. We're taking our boys this year -

Next year (2007) - I'm thinking of a New Year's cruise - but we'll see how this year goes. Our almost 20yo is going with us this year, but next year he'll be studying in Germany, so he won't be with us at all.

MaryKat, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. I also lost my Dad last year and this year DH my two girls and myself are taking my Mom on a Christmas cruise too. I know it is very hard around the holidays. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Mary, thanks for the reply. My husband and I are also taking our two daughters (18 & 19), along with my brother and his two young children and my mom. Mom is really excited about it and it will be her first cruise (as well as ours). It's a big step to go over Christmas, but it's the only week everyone could go at the same time. It will be nice to do something different this year, since it will be difficult. I think a cruise is just the thing to do!

Archived