QE2 advice

Harriet75C

Hi

I'm travelling on the QE2 for the first time on the 5 night Bilbao/La Rochelle/Channel Islands trip on 24th August and I can't wait!

Haven't been on Cunard before although I've cruised on a couple of lines and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

But as it's such a short trip I'd like some advice about the stuff I really shouldn't miss on the old girl while I'm there. Don't want to miss anything...

:)

Congratulations for choosing the QE2.

There is a thread about things not to be missed on the QE2 with many good tips.

Some highlights I would recommend:

- Pre-dinner drinks and appetizers in the Princess Grill Bar, a small, intimiate venue with original decor from the 1960's

- Tea in the Queen's Room

- Listen to the QE2 orchestra, probably the best orchestra at sea

Foremost: Be part ot the special atmosphere and tradition, dress up every night, enjoy!

Five days will not be enough to experience everything but you will have a great time.

Please do tell us how the trip was when you get back as well. I'm doing the exact same trip but in August 2007. Deposit was put down on it back in June - yeah, talk about an early booking - 14 months in advance. Its a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it. Would love to hear your thoughts on the ship as well as the iteniary.

David

You mention visiting the Princess Grill Bar as one of the things not to be missed on QE2. Can anyone go in this bar, even if not dining in the Princess Grill restaurant? I have been on QE2 13 times, but have never been in this bar, because as I dine in the Mauretania I assumed I could not go there. Am I correct?

You mention visiting the Princess Grill Bar as one of the things not to be missed on QE2. Can anyone go in this bar, even if not dining in the Princess Grill restaurant? I have been on QE2 13 times, but have never been in this bar, because as I dine in the Mauretania I assumed I could not go there. Am I correct?

Anyone can use the 'Champage Bar' - which is now the bar's name - only the Queens Grill Lounge is off limits to Caronia/Mauretania pax. You may find some in the bar look at you when you walk in with a 'whats the cat dragged in now' air - ignore them!

Peter

Archived