Alcohol Free Wine?

gracee

I am not able to drink alcohol because of a medical problem but would like to have a glass of alcohol free wine with dinner. Does RCCL serve alcohol free wines? Since it would have no alcohol, can I bring my own?

I am not able to drink alcohol because of a medical problem but would like to have a glass of alcohol free wine with dinner. Does RCCL serve alcohol free wines? Since it would have no alcohol, can I bring my own?

You might try looking here. ;) Domestic list.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

and this, European list.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/European_Wine_List.pdf

We were on a cruise last year to celebrate our friends Ruby Wedding and one of our friends does not drink alcohol so we got a gift from Gifts and Gear to her see link below. I am sure you would be able to purchase on board without the strawberries. Just phone housekeeping on board. It used to be that if RCI did not stock a particular wine on board you were allowed to bring on Two bottles with you, but their have been many changes to thier policy lately.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000Sh4oF7f1E4Phdf8zfdcjgnd:10kohi76p?catCode=CANAPW

It is not. It is made from a totally different process and using different grapes.

I've also come to find out that Alcohol free wine isn't totally alcohol free it's only 97-99% free depending on the brands. On our first cruise last year--we don't drink- I'd ordered a fruit basket (from Carnival) that had wine in it--we were told that we could exchange it for a non-alcoholic version which we did, however my husband had a very strange reaction to it (slight dizziness, and woozy). I still think to this day that it may have been a slight motion sickness but he swears it was from the alcohol content in the supposedly alcohol free wine.

A better choice we've found and we might bring some is the Meirs sparkling cold duck or spumundi (spell) or the like. That is more like grape juice and it is not processed the same way they do the alcohol free wine. We've learned our lesson.

Thanks Ally. I would like the sparkly because it would be for my 55th birthday-ugh! Better to celebrate on a cruise than anywhere else!

You are very welcome. You know we joined our friends with a glass of their non-alcholic sparkly and I did not know much diference and my wife actually prefers the non alcoholic too. Have a wonderfull time on the Mariner and Happy Birthday when it comes. I know that 55;) is not anymore painful than the rest. Well I am only two in front of you so I don't know about the ones in front.:)

They've had the Sutter Fre on all our cruises. I think it's a nice aleternate for those who want to join in a toast but don't want to raise a glass of milk.

Archived