prescription drugs

renata102

has anyone ever bought prescription drugs in Cozumel???? ( i am not talking about pain killers and such, just heart medication, mental health medication, high blood pressure like medicaiton).

I used to live in San Diego and used to frequent Tijuana to get some medication for my parents... now my aunt is in need of some medication and I was wondering if anyone had any problems with it.. i am planning on buying 6 months worth of medication...

please no comments on "why would you do that?" or "don't you know the dangers of.." my sole question is did you have any problems, or do you have any tips etc....

thanks!

well we are not going to be going to Belize. so that is out of the question. However, i never had a problem in Tijuana. gonna try it in cozumel. its worth a shot. plus we will stay out of the extreme touristy sspot. hubby and his family are hispanic and we don't mind going a little out of the way, as he can talk to people and tell them what we want....

Today 11:11 AM

27116 My wife is on several medications and the best best place to buy is Belize city. Cozumel you will need a Rx to buy most things.

27116 have you tried to buy medication in Cozumel? what do you need a prescription for (i know for painkillers and such) but for heart, high blood pressure and Zoloft?

anyone else out there have and luck or no luck? Unfourtanetly we are not going to Belize :(

I beleive you can buy most prescription drugs OTC except for controlled narcotics such as Vicodin, percocet etc. If you you have a prescription bottle bring it to ensure dosage and that you are getting correct drug.

We will be stocking up on antibiotocs, naproxin and epinephrin this trip as our co-pays are now more than 1/2 the actual cost.

There are several drug stores near/around the plaza.You may have to check at more thatn one store as they may not carry everything you need.

Yes, I have bought in Coz (& in Belize-cheaper). I aolso stock up on antibiotics and other meds that I use. DH likes to pick up a few little blue pills (not that he needs them---he just likes them!!:D )

There's an American RX on one of the front side strreets (dont know the street name) that had fairly good prices. I tried a couple others on the back streets but their prices were about the same. Some of the locals might could point you in the direction of a cheaper place.

Don't know about cozumel, but do know about belize! will have to look up the info, but you can purchase mail order or via internet from belize, the pharmacists is an american female, and gave me the info last november...will look it up and get back to you on it.

has anyone ever bought prescription drugs in Cozumel???? ( i am not talking about pain killers and such, just heart medication, mental health medication, high blood pressure like medicaiton).

I used to live in San Diego and used to frequent Tijuana to get some medication for my parents... now my aunt is in need of some medication and I was wondering if anyone had any problems with it.. i am planning on buying 6 months worth of medication...

please no comments on "why would you do that?" or "don't you know the dangers of.." my sole question is did you have any problems, or do you have any tips etc....

thanks!

I bought some Lasix there w/o any problems. 100 tablets. I looked at some other meds also, but most of them were "timed released" I dont know if most of their meds are like that or not, but I couldnt use the TR.

Just a reminder. Possessing presciption medications in the US without a valid prescription is illegal. Should you be the unfortunate one to get checked by customs at the end of your cruise, you could be in some serious trouble if you don't have a prescription for the medicine you bought. A few years ago I bought some antibiotics in Cozumel (had a sinus infection - used most of them on the cruise) and didn't have a problem. Told someone about it when we got home and they told me "Good thing you didn't get searched, you know that's illegal, right?" I actually hadn't thought about it. Just something to think about before you buy.

Just a reminder. Possessing presciption medications in the US without a valid prescription is illegal. Should you be the unfortunate one to get checked by customs at the end of your cruise, you could be in some serious trouble if you don't have a prescription for the medicine you bought. A few years ago I bought some antibiotics in Cozumel (had a sinus infection - used most of them on the cruise) and didn't have a problem. Told someone about it when we got home and they told me "Good thing you didn't get searched, you know that's illegal, right?" I actually hadn't thought about it. Just something to think about before you buy.

thanks for the gentle reminder! I am the OP!

we used to live near mexico and passed the border many times for family members (i was young, i didn't need any medication) and never was stopped. The only time I heard people getting in trouble when they would buy years and years worth of stuff (medication). I will take my chances. its for a good cause ( a relative in Poland that needs anti depressents BADly and cannot afford it). If i get caught i get caught. worse things in life can happen. one small mark on my unblemished past.

we plan on getting 6 months worht of pills that my aunt can cut in half and use it for a year. Enough to get her out of the hell she is in....

The best place here to buy is Dori Pharmacies. There is a new one that opened on 9th about half a block from the water and right next to Punta Langosta pier. They will have things that no one else does. And the prices are great. Another location is on Salas between 15th and 20th...about 5 blocks from the water. Nice people at both.

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder. Possessing presciption medications in the US without a valid prescription is illegal. Should you be the unfortunate one to get checked by customs at the end of your cruise, you could be in some serious trouble if you don't have a prescription for the medicine you bought.

Prescription medication laws are made by state, customs is a Federal agency and as a rule will not care. They'll only care if you try to bring a huge amount back, then you'll have a problem. Living in Texas, I've seen people go down to Mexico, buy drugs, get across the border no problem, get stopped by a routine traffic violation and get arrested for having prescription drugs without a prescription.

I was planning on checkin out these too but i have a question what constitutes needing prescription for, for example can you get like allegra and other things liket hat w/o prescription, theres also a steroid cream i use for my fingers for some skin thing that i get, would i be able to get that there, ovisouly i would bring my bottle taht indicates wahti have but if i were to get stopped coming back and have a normal supply would that be a problem if i can show that i would normally take this stuff anyway?? waht kind of things can you buy?? solita, i am going to check those places out. how cheap are meds there really is it worth checking them out?? My dbf i wouldnt check for cuz his copay is dirt cheap but my co pay is a lot more!

I can't find the article but a local couple were busted when the cruise ship returned to port in Tampa with like 120 prescription pills! Apparently they purchased w/ a credit card and the shop alerted the ship who reported them. They were arrested when they got off the ship!! If you do buy drugs, use cash!!

Archived