Cozumel TMM International Pier/Puerta Maya Piers

Family of 14

Familyof14......LOL

I know what you meant...LOL The pier that Carnival uses in Cozumel has stores and shops right on the pier, while the International Pier and Punta Lagosta Pier(downtown) do not..

Here is a pic of the Puerto Maya Pier (foreground) and the International Pier (in Back).....Note the stores on the closer pier.

This was the only pic I could find that showed both piers from an aerial view

Radio

;) ;)

36210719-da85-01C00126-.jpg

Sorry but this is incorrect. There are quite a few shops and places to get drinks, etc at the International pier, including Señor Frogs. One of my favorite celada places is at the top of the hill just before you exit to grab a cab. Highly suggest getting for the ride! :-)

Sorry but this is incorrect. There are quite a few shops and places to get drinks, etc

This thread is almost 11 years old :) There is a huge possibility that all that was added way after this thread was started. I have no way of knowing. My first cruise to Coz was 2008.

Edited by ryano

This thread is almost 11 years old :) There is a huge possibility that all that was added way after this thread was started. I have no way of knowing. My first cruise to Coz was 2008.
As of 1 Feb2015 the Mexican state of Quintana Roo (Cozumel, Cancun. Costa Maya, Playa del Carmen) has moved from Central Time to Eastern Time. If you book with a local guide they understand ship times better than I or you:). The Puerto Maya (Carnival Corporation) pier is currently being expanded with a new "Y" heading off to the South. They MAY expand the RCCL and the CCL shopping centers to merge - as of Feb 2015 they are doing something (may just be involved with pier expansion) between the two shopping centers and you can get any story you want as to what is happening:rolleyes:

Thom

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if we can walk over and use the shops/facilities as Puerta Maya if we are docked at International? We were just in Cozumel in December and really don't feel like going downtown on our next trip.

You should be able to shop at Puerto Maya if you would like, even if you are docked at Intl. Pier. They don't ask for ship cards until you go through their "mall" inside. The shops outside are fine. That said, I've found pretty much the same places/souvenirs outside Intl. Pier as PM. I actually prefer the shops at Intl. Pier, but probably because I've docked their more often and am more familiar. Last February was my first time at PM.

You may be reading very old posts from 2004 in this thread before there were many shops at International.