Seattle Tour post-cruise

We are sailing on the Sun 8/26 - 9/02 to Alaska. Our flight home is not until 6pm out of Seattle and I was wondering if anyone has done the Tour of Seattle offered by NCL that drops you off at the airport for flights after 2:30pm? Or, any other suggestions post-cruise since we will have all our luggage with us.

Since you will have all your luggage with you and unkown how many are in your party, I would take the NCL tour. Some times getting a cab won't hold all your luggage for 2. This way it in the bus and they take from place to palce. No worrys. A tour from a local company would be a pain and alot more expensive. Enjoy your stay in Seattle, It is a great place. Love it and lived here most of my life.

Depends on how many you are traveling with. We considered this tour but we are 5 adults, 1 infant and found renting a van was cheaper. We can see/do what we want, have our luggage with us at all times, arrive at the airport when we want, etc. We are heading to the zoo and taking the underground tour before heading to the airport. Good luck with your decision. :)

I live in the Seattle area. And work for the Wa. State Ferries which is just about 1 1/2 miles away from where your ship will be docking. If you only have a few hours just go down the street from pier 52-66 theres lots to see and do. And it'll be free. ;)

Soapmaker

I live in the Seattle area. And work for the Wa. State Ferries which is just about 1 1/2 miles away from where your ship will be docking. If you only have a few hours just go down the street from pier 52-66 theres lots to see and do. And it'll be free. ;)

Soapmaker

That sounds like it would work out for us, but we don't know what to do with our luggage for the 4 of us. Our flight doesn't leave until about 9pm on sunday and the Star docks at 7am. Anyone have any ideas what we can do with this luggage? We will have about 9 hours free to spend around town.

That sounds like it would work out for us, but we don't know what to do with our luggage for the 4 of us. Our flight doesn't leave until about 9pm on sunday and the Star docks at 7am. Anyone have any ideas what we can do with this luggage? We will have about 9 hours free to spend around town.

NCL seems to have a new program that will deliver your luggage directly to the airport for you (for a fee, of course). I didn't pay a lot of attention to it since we had driven to Seattle and had our car in the garage across the street from the pier. I know there's also a way to check your luggage for the day.

Check out this link:

http://www.portseattle.org/about/pub...pring2006.html

Concierge service will be available at both terminals. This popular baggage check service helps guests enjoy their visit to Seattle by storing luggage before and after cruising. The concierge can also help with reservations for attractions and restaurants. Open 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. on cruise days. Call (206) 615-3900 for details.

I will check into the NCL program to see what they offer. If that doesn't work it looks like the conciege luggage storage would work out. It says that storage for the day is only $3.00 per bag. A bargin to be sure.:D

Bruce

We did the ship's tour and it was over fairly early. We were given about an hour to roam around the market. We drove around and had a little tour. We were at the airport by 11:00 am. You will have a lot of time to hang around. You need to be at the airport an hour early in order to check your baggage. If I were you I would try and spend more time downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

I would make arrangements with the concierge service and follow the advice of a previous poster and hang around the area. Take the Bell Street overpass over Alaska Way and turn right to go to the Pike Place Market. After exploring the market you can walk east on Pike to Westlake Center for some shopping, go to Pacific Place, a nice shopping mall. If the monorail is up and working you can take it to the Seattle Center and the Space Needle and the Bumbershoot festival that occurs each Labor Day weekend. Take the monorail back and walk back to the waterfront. Walk south to Ye Ole Curiousity Shoppe for some interesting shopping and then walk north, stopping at various shops and restaurants - the Crab Pot is fun. You could take the Elliott Bay Water Taxi over to West Seattle, grab some fish and chips to eat outdoors and get a great view of the city skyline. Take the water taxi back, continue walking north back, maybe stop at the aquarium.

Plenty to do for a day and you'll feel satisfied when you are done.

Archived