Princess Photo Contest??

mrsbojamp

Hello All!

We were on the Crown for the 7/22-29 trip.

We were told about a photo contest at the captain's circle party, but have been unable to find out any information on how to go about it.

My husband has a photo or 2 that he would like to submit, but we can't find details anywhere. Before I call Princess, I was wondering if anybody has ever done this and might know the details.

Thanks!

Mrs. Bojamp

I saw something about this on the Diamond last month. But the info was not very clear about use of submitted pictures. Unfortunately I don't want to be one to just give away my great photos to a cruise line for them to use however they wish in their promotional brochures. Therefore I didn't keep the info and decided not to submit any photos.

My feeling is that no company should be able to have unlimited free use of someone's photos they did not pay something for. This is not limited to just cruise lines. But I realize this is just my opinion.

When you get your Captain's Circle magazine it tells you how to submit your photos. I really don't know who chooses the winners but I have seen some pretty bad ones chosen compared to some others that I have seen. Once you submit your photos you will not get them back, so make sure it's a copy or reprint and not your original. I submitted some but never heard anything about it. So I guess I wasn't a winner. :(

I keep thinking that I will enter the contest, but never have. I have, however, read the instructions and they include writing a brief description of the photo. BTW, the winner is "paid" by being given a free cruise for 2 - not bad compensation for an amateur photo IMO. As stated earlier, look for the details in the Captains Circle newsletter, or call Princess if you can't wait for the newsletter. They can tell you where to send your entry. And good luck!

All info in Captain's .... magazine. I submitted several times, just happend I had pictures we took in Brugg and Venice and they were just like in the travel book, everyone who 've seen them sad they were very good, but they didn't get picked. This year I had a great picture of Tallinn, and I saw the same view pictured here on CC as part of the article. I think I just have to pick the worst picture and it may win. Seems that not very interesting pictures are the trend..............

Archived