Hump cabins

No, not neccessarily. On the NOS, we were mid hump...no difference I could tell from comparing with others. Some on the ends of the hump are shaped differently, but I'm not sure it works to your benefit. From all the post here, if you want a bigger balcony, try and get an aft cabin.

We had a hump cabin on the Mariner a couple or years ago. While it may appear that your balcony is larger because it juts out from the ship, keep in mind that you cabin also juts out too because of the elevatorsbeing across the hall. That aside, those cabins are very nice as they have great views and are close to the elevators. In fact I just booked a hump junior suite on the explorer. Hope this help for your decision.

The hump balconies on Freedom are not bigger than the other balconies on the ship. ALL of the balconies on the ship, however, are larger than their counterparts on other ships....at least 1/3 deeper, if not almost double.

Enjoy! Great cabin!!!

T

The mid-hump Balcony I had on Explorer was not larger, but it did offer a better view in either direction because we were the furthest point out on the side of the ship.

It was also nicely stable. My upcoming Freedom cruise we are very close to the bow and I'm wondering of the motion of the ship will be more noticeable.

Tayla

Is the hump balcony more dangerous - I am travelling with my 86 year old dad, who likes to sit out on the balcony alot. I have the hump cabin on the Serenade, but afraid he could fall overboard? Should I switch??

Archived