Panchos Backyard

heupler

Does anyone know anything about Panchos Backyard in Cozumel (I have asked the question on the Cozumel board twice, no answer). We are a family of 6 doing Chankanaab Park in early afternoon and would like to return to ship (Triumph) and then go to Panchos for dinner. Can you walk from the ship? If not, do you know the cab fare? Any information would be helpful. We leave on Friday!!!!! Hooray!!!!

Pancho's is great. VEry good food and marguaritas. Entertainment for lunch, not sure about dinner. VEry pretty courtyard restaurant with lots of follage.

The store in which it's located is also great. Fixed prices and very helpful and nonpushy staff. Coupon for free marguarita on their website. Yes you can walk. Last store on the strip. Here's their website.

http://www.loscincosoles.com/home.htm

The Los Cinco Soles website doesn't show it on their map, but I'm sure I saw a Pancho's Backyard next to the Los Cinco Soles in Puerto Maya. This is in the shopping center at the end of the pier in Puerta Maya. If your ship docks there (we docked there on the Sensation and the Conquest), this is a short walk from the ship; just go left as you exit the pier duty free shops and continue past the 1st group of stores and you will come to it.

Anyone been to this Pancho's Backyard? Is it really where I think I saw it? I know I saw another one downtown.

We ate lunch there when we stopped last Sep. Was very good. The margaritas are to die for. Watch out, they sneak up on you if you drink too many. The locations is just where the previous poster stated.

Watch out for those kids you take. Our grandson who is seven was watched like a hawk from the moment we walked in. This is a good kid or we would not be taking him on most of our cruises. Well, he bumped into a display and knocked off a magnet. Of course it broke and we were very willing to pay. What upset my husband and I was the staff reaction. I told them we would pay with our other purchases and they still followed us around not letting us out of their sight. We were treated like crooks. I was so angered that I placed our purchases on the counter and told them that I will be paying only for the broken magnet. Will not go there again.

I noticed in Cozumel that at almost all of the shops at the pier we were followed around. Not very discreetly either. I didn't let it bother me, but it felt kind of funny. I just went about my shopping and ignored them.

There is a Panchos at the Pier. We ate and drank there. It was very good. I didn't notice being followed at their shop but at many others i did. Its a weird feeling but since tourists are their main profit makers they are probably anxious for sales.

We have early sitting dinner on the ship (Sensation stays there until midnight!), and then always go back off after sundown to sit at Ponchos and have a margarita - we usually will sit near the water and just gaze at the ship while our vision starts to get blurry... the margaritas are STRONG and LARGE - I know better than trying to finish off 2 myself ! Call me a lightweight, but I want to make sure I get back on the right ship...:D

Tom

There are 2 locations of Pancho's Backyard. One downtown in Cinco de Soles (sp?) and one at the pier. I've eaten at the downtown one twice and it is very good and clean. Margaritas were very good. Don't forget to get the coupon for a free margarita from their website.

Tropicale 6/85

Festivale 7/87

Enchanted Capri 10/98

Celebration 6/00

Inspiration 6/01

Conquest 6/03

Holiday 2/04

Glory 2005??

Has anyone eaten at the one by the pier? Is it ok for kids? And within walking distance to the pier? Thinking about going there for dinner? Is there a shopping place at the one by the pier?

It's the same distance from the ship to Pancho's Backyard in the Puerto Maya shopping area as it is to the taxi stand; maybe 200 yards from the end of the pier. A very easy walk. There are a number of stores in this area as well.

I've been to the Pancho's in Cinco del Sol in the downtown area. If you dock at the pier downtown it is an easy walk. Left of the pier. If you dock at the other pier you need a taxi. The store is also very nice and has lots of tequilla and free samples.

Carnival ships normally dock at the Puerto Maya pier, not downtown San Miguel (Punta Langosta Pier) nor at the International Pier. There is a Pancho's Backyard in the shopping area at the end of the pier in Puerto Maya.

The Panchos we went to was at the Pier. It was very very clean and yep, had huge kick butt margarittas. There were very few people in there as well. I don't see any reason why kids would not be welcome so try it out!

Archived