I think we've been upgraded! What do you think?

rebecca.sarge

We are currently booked on Carnival Victory sailing for Canada on 8/26. I booked the bottom of the barrel - the cheapest inside guaranteed cabin there was.

I went onto the Carnival website just now and clicked on "My Reservation." I clicked on "upgrade stateroom" and the message at the top says, "Your current stateroom category: IS - Ocean View Stateroom." Sounds like an upgrade occurred, right?

PS - Awful dream last night about missing the boat! I'm starting to stress a bit - I'll be traveling as a solo adult with my 2 kids.

We are currently booked on Carnival Victory sailing for Canada on 8/26. I booked the bottom of the barrel - the cheapest inside guaranteed cabin there was.

I went onto the Carnival website just now and clicked on "My Reservation." I clicked on "upgrade stateroom" and the message at the top says, "Your current stateroom category: IS - Ocean View Stateroom." Sounds like an upgrade occurred, right?

PS - Awful dream last night about missing the boat! I'm starting to stress a bit - I'll be traveling as a solo adult with my 2 kids.

Have seen it before where it is just a glitch, if it says IS and OV, I wouldn't count on a guarantee until you see your cabin number.... the "category" section can be wrong at times, I've got 2 reservations right now that are showing OV but I booked balcony. Just an FYI.

Where does it have "Upgrade stateroom"? i cant' seem to find it on the page.

You won't see it unless you booked direct with Carnival. You can't really do anything with it anyway... but if you booked with a TA, I don't think you will see it.

The same thing happened to me, and yes I had actually received an upgrade. Click on the modify booking portion and you should have a room assignment now. Also by clicking on stateroom details you should now see a pic of an oceanview. Just make sure you hit cancel after modify booking, or you could end up making a change you don't want.

I did not book directly with Carnival. I just went to their site and followed all the directions I just read and I can't see "modify booking" or any of the things you guys are talking about. I booked 6a guarantee and am hoping for an upgrade...guess I'll find out at the pier.

I was reading this thread and thought I would check on my booking. I check every few days and today I got upgraded!! I had a booked a 4a and got upgraded to 8F!! They gave me my cabin number too! We got the Military rates so it was really cheap. Wow I am just too excited. This will be our 14th cruise and we have never got an upgrade!! Thank you upgrade fairy!!

I did not book directly with Carnival. I just went to their site and followed all the directions I just read and I can't see "modify booking" or any of the things you guys are talking about. I booked 6a guarantee and am hoping for an upgrade...guess I'll find out at the pier.

You will NOT see the "modify booking" if you did not book through Carnival.

Just a question. Can they take your upgrade away, or give you a different room after they gave you the upgrade and a cabin number?

Yes. Nothing is set in stone (esp. if you booked a guarantee) until you actually check in at the ship. Although, once they assign you a cabin number, I think it is a very rare event for it to be changed.

Just a question. Can they take your upgrade away, or give you a different room after they gave you the upgrade and a cabin number?

Yup. It does happen. Carnival didn't design the system so people could find a sneaky way of finding their cabin numbers, so many will call up and say "you took my upgrade away", and all they can say at that point is "what upgrade, we never told you about an upgrade" :D So it's best not to get TOO excited about it, most of the time it doesn't seem to change, but it can. Those are placeholders basically, and if someone wants that cabin, they are going to sell it.

Archived