Sitka excursions

vfb2girls

Even though our trip to Alaska is not until June of next year I would like to hear from those who have already been to Alaska on some of there favortie excusions out of Sitka. At first thought we had decided to do some fishing in Sitka but since we are spending 5 nights in Homer with most of the days fishing we are not going to do any fishing from any ports but explore them instead. I am open to suggestions on what to do in Sitka. We are there from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm so that leaves us plenty of time for excusions. We are already doing a tour with Orcra in Juneau, doing the White Pass RR in Skagway and thinking about doing the crab feed in Ketichikan. We are trying to limit our excusions to shorter ones since we really want to take the time to explore each of these towns. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you

Thanks BQ for the info. The walking tour sounds like something we would be interested in as well as the Raptor Center. On the puffins and sea otters though since we are taking the Kenai Fjords Park Cruise and also the whale watching excusion with Orca would booking another excursion to just see otters and puffins be necessary? We are not trying to skimp on money here since we already have socked away more then enough funds for this trip and don't plan on skimping on any excursions but we also don't want to do the same type of excursions over and over again, does that make sense? As with any port I want to plan one major excursion but still have time left over to explore the ports. Thanks once again for the input.

We just go off the Westerdam and I loved walking through the Sitka National forest. It was beautiful and free. We saw salmon swimming and many totem poles. The forest had lots of berries which the forest rangers showed to my children. They picked huckleberries and blueberries. They also discovered huge banana slugs. Before the forest we did the sea otter tour. There were 10 of us so we went with the ship bright and early. Great day! We were surrounded by whales and saw eagle fly and talk to eachother. The otters were terrific too.

Archived