Need Info. On Trans. From Newark Airport To Port Of Bayonne

poolwife

We are cruising on Constellation on October 5 to Canada/New England and need help on how to get from the airport to the ship at the Port of Bayonne. Is the only way to get there is to call a taxi? We have a party of 4 and luggage for 2 1/2 weeks.

What have you all done? Thanks

As I was sitting here ponding this dilemma - wouldn't it be just as cheap and easier to take the cab from our hotel, the Country Inn and suites to the port as from the airport? Also, has anyone ever stayed at this hotel?

Thanks

We have taken the Celebrity transfer from the port to the airport. You could contact them or your travel agent and buy the tickets. Not sure it would be as cheap as a cab though. Seems like the two times we did it, the ride was only 15-20 minutes.

We are flying into Newark and sail out of NJ port on the Zenith 9/30. I have contacted a private company re: a van and they quoted $57.00 each way for our party of four. This is definitly less than Celebrity's charge of $100.00 for 4 passengers each way, even after we tip. Their name is Carmel Car Service and they can be reached at 18009CARMEL Hope this info helps.;)

Vicki

At the airport there are plenty of "van" cabs. The price is for the cab not per person. We did it in April for the Transatlantic with 4 people, lots of bags and a wheelchair. We waited about 15 minutes for the van instead of a regular cab. It was easy .

I"m also sailing Oct 5 on the constellation. I plan to take a cab from the airport to the pier. I will have a rental car to return to the airport since we are coming in a couple days earlier.

Come and join us on the roll call forum, there are quite a few us already chit chatting. We also have signed up for the cruise critic party and we are over 25 people so it's going to happen.

Archived