snorkeling in Tahiti (french polynesia)....

lonestartor

I'm excited about the possibility of snorkelling in French Polynesia as it appears from what I've read that there is plenty to see.

I'm very interested in seeing Giant Clams although I don't know they are present in this area or even can be seen on a snorkelling tour.

Can anyone advise what to expect???

It would be helpful if I knew what other types of marine life to expect to see in French Polynesia.

lonestarter,

We have been to Tahiti 4 times and are going back for our 5th and 6th time in October. We are advanced divers, but we have snorkeled in French Ploynesia also.

You can see giant clams but you will need to dive to see them. We had no problem snorkeling with sharks, giant manta rays,sting rays, turtles, and lots of fish. To see the giant manta's I had to free dive to about 20' to get photos up close other wise you can see them from the surface in Tapu Pass in Bora Bora. Make sure you bring a good pair of fins, because you realy can't snorkel in water shoes.

You will have a great time.:D

Hey richard!!!

you two are definitely addicted to frenchpolynesia ehh? in fairness we are going to go back too - just not as soon as you have :)

On the snorkeling we did some amayzing snorkling on Tahaa - just stunning! I think my pictures are still online I can send you a link if you email me at

wystiria at gmail dot com

Archived