Panama Canal in November

sail 2

We're thinking about a Panama Canal cruise in November. We've been told that October ends the rainy season - any experience with rainy weather in October/November? Also, has anyone sailed the Brilliance of the Seas or the Coral Princess thru the canal?

November is a transitional month from rainy to dry season. You can have the splash and dash variety of rain showers almost anytime of the year and are more frequent on the Atlantic side. In general however, November is a good month for drier weather.

I sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas to the Panama Canal and can tell you it was wonderful. Can't tell you about November weather as we were at the canal on the first of March.

I posted live from the ship here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=299889, if you want an idea about the Brilliance, my review is at the very end of the thread.

November is still rainy season, and it is impossible to know if the worst is over or not. October is traditionally the month with the most rain and you can almost always count on a dry Christmas and New Year, but there are exceptions.

Archived