woohoo upgrade...

awsm-red

:) MIracle 10/1 Haven't got docs' yet..can't wait to do the "doc dance" BUt, THANKS to the boards I learned to go back to my confirmation and It showed me my upgrade and room number .We went from a *8A guarente to 8G extended balcony 7349..I am soo excited!! I know it may change..but I am still excited!! I think it was great upgrade. A toast to the people on these board.. you are the best! cheers!:) :)

:) MIracle 10/1 Haven't got docs' yet..can't wait to do the "doc dance" BUt, THANKS to the boards I learned to go back to my confirmation and It showed me my upgrade and room number .We went from a *8A guarente to 8G extended balcony 7349..I am soo excited!! I know it may change..but I am still excited!! I think it was great upgrade. A toast to the people on these board.. you are the best! cheers!:) :)

That's great! I'll be right around the corner from you in 7294. I got this room via upgrade too! I noticed that you posted on our roll call last month. It's a really fun group of people. We'd love to hear from you again! :D If you've lost the thread it's at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=287990

Hi awsm-red we got upgraded from 8a to 8h woo hoo.We are also on the Miracle on 10/1.Maybe I'll see you on the roll call board.

Okay, I don't want to seem dumb or anything, but I don't understand the talk about "upgrades." I've only been on 1 cruise (last year) but I'm going on my 2nd at the end of the month.

When I'm booking a cruise, I see that there are different room designations (A, B, C, etc.) for a cabin with the same square footage but for different prices.

What does this mean?

And, how do you get upgraded??

Thanks!!

Okay, I don't want to seem dumb or anything, but I don't understand the talk about "upgrades." I've only been on 1 cruise (last year) but I'm going on my 2nd at the end of the month.

When I'm booking a cruise, I see that there are different room designations (A, B, C, etc.) for a cabin with the same square footage but for different prices.

What does this mean?

Thanks!!

One of the ways is to book a guarantee....for example, I booked an inside guarantee and ended up with an oceanview. It does not always happen, but if you are not super picky about what room you are in than try to go this route. Usually when you see A,B,C you are paying more money for the same cabin but on a higher floor.

What does this mean?

Thanks!!

That's not dumb...you just don't know. When you book your cabin you can request a particular room in your category or you can request a guarantee. What that means is that if you book a 7A balcony guarantee then you will definately get a 7A balcony SOMEWHERE on the ship. However, Carnival has the option to move you to a higher category such as an 8F. You are GUARANTEED the cabin category that you selected. If you are set on a particular room because you've had it before or whatever other reason then you can request that particular room. But, you will not be upgraded. Is that clearer than mud now? :D

How did you find out your room number? I thought the old method no longer works.

TIA

Go to the Carnival website. Log on. The page after you log on will show your booking # towards the top. Right below that there will be two columns. Under "Cruise Control" is a link that says "modify booking." Click on that. If your room has been assigned then your room number will be there.

Good for you! Did you book thru Carnival?? We did. Have you seen the Exorcist? Do you remember the scene where the room and the bed are going all around jumping up an down?? That's where they put us! We got the possessed room. In the back of the boat. Right on the propeller!

I, too, tried to get my room # and got the message to complete info for fun pass. I went on through my reservation and I also booked via a TA. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I would like any hints on how to get room #! Thanks.

I Called My Ta...no Such Luck..

Ta Said "can't Get That For You"

But...there Has To Be Some Way To Find Out The Cabin #

You are a month out, you still may not have one assigned to you yet. They told me to check two weeks before the cruise, just so happened it was just a little more than three weeks for me - but it depends on your sailing.

I, too, tried to get my room # and got the message to complete info for fun pass. I went on through my reservation and I also booked via a TA. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I would like any hints on how to get room #! Thanks.

I don't know how it works since you booked through a travel agent. I booked directly with Carnival. But, yes, you need to complete the fun pass before it will let you get to that page. Can you not do the fun pass yourself since you went through a TA? :confused:

I can do the fun pass on line even though I booked through TA.

We are with a group of 24 and I was just hoping to get room # early.

We are not sailing until winter.......I doubt if they assign any rooms until a couple weeks out.

We sail 10/1. I noticed our assignement on about 8/4. That's about 2 months in advance. Of course, they can still change it up until we board...I hope not! :eek: However, if you go to the "modify booking" link on carnival it will show if the cabin has been assigned or not. Up until 8/4 it said 7A guarantee balcony. That's it. When the cabin was assigned it showed the category, deck & cabin#. Good luck!! :D

I can do the fun pass on line even though I booked through TA.

We are with a group of 24 and I was just hoping to get room # early.

We are not sailing until winter.......I doubt if they assign any rooms until a couple weeks out.

You won't see the "modify booking" unless you are booked direct. Also, when you have a guarantee, your TA is not clued in on your cabin number... Carnival assigns those, seems around 6-7 weeks out, sometimes sooner... but if you "find" it out, it very well could change. If it is on your docs, you are 99% sure that is your cabin... good luck!!

Archived