Room card - Ship & Sea Card?

MaryKat

I'm wondering about the room card. This is our first cruise. We have a family of 9 and booked 3 rooms with balconies and 1 suite on the Pride for Christmas. My husband and I will have the suite, but our purpose in booking a suite was to have a place to gather as a family. Will there be a way for other members of my family to have a key to our room? We would like this so we don't have to hurry back from meals or from excursions. Does anyone know if they will issue extra cards just to get into the room if we request a few?

Thanks. I knew the card had some sort of name. I guess I just made a name up. Thanks for the info. Dumb question, but it could cause problems if they don't issue extra cards. Thanks so much! Maybe after my first cruise I'll know what everything is called!

Thanks. I knew the card had some sort of name. .......Thanks so much! Maybe after my first cruise I'll know what everything is called!

:D Hey, you're new! No problem; ask anything you need to know.

When we were on the Miracle our teens were in their own cabin across the hall from ours. We wanted a key to their cabin and wanted them to have one for ours. We just went to the pursers desk on the 1st day and they issued us extra keys. He even put the last 2 digits of each cabin number on each key so that we wouldn't mix them up.

That's a great idea about getting the suite as a private gathering place. I have been on two cruises where members of our party had suites, and we did exactly that most nights. It was fun to have a private social place.

Some larger groups actually confiscate certain public areas for private parties, etc. Normally, this is done in the "off hours" though. If you want a private room to gather just before dinner, it will probably have to be a cabin.

This is great. I was so embarrassed to call the card some inaccurate name, and I get such great, friendly responses. I hope our ship has great people like all of you on it when we sail. I'm glad to hear there have been other names used for the card. And it's great to know we'll be able to congregate in one room once or twice a day to keep track of everyone. We can't wait. None of us have ever been on a cruise before, so it should be a wonderful vacation!:)

This is great. I was so embarrassed to call the card some inaccurate name, and I get such great, friendly responses. I hope our ship has great people like all of you on it when we sail. I'm glad to hear there have been other names used for the card. And it's great to know we'll be able to congregate in one room once or twice a day to keep track of everyone. We can't wait. None of us have ever been on a cruise before, so it should be a wonderful vacation!:)

In the "ole days", we used to call it the "Drink and Sink" card!! With Carnival's old reputation, you can only guess where that name came from.

Fortunately, Carnival is still fun...just in a different way.

:) It's Sign & Sail card. See the purser and he will give you extra cabin keys.

Actually Cotton, it's the other way around. You Sail first, then you Sign for your purchases.

"Sail & Sign is Carnival's cashless on board credit program which allows guests to charge purchases directly to a personal account for convenience throughout the cruise."

Actually Cotton, it's the other way around. You Sail first, then you Sign for your purchases.

:o Thx for catching that, RW. I can't believe I did that! Look at any of my other posts ('way too many), and I've always said SAIL & SIGN. As a matter of fact, I've pointed that out just like you did a few times....."You sail, then you sign." Geez........must've been in a big CRS moment to screw up like that. I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm usually very careful about my wording.:p:D

Again, I'm glad other make mistakes like I do. I just realized another I made. I should wear my glasses when I'm on the computer, but of course I don't. The little icon I used a couple times when I posted a question is the red one that I thought was a question mark. For some reason my mouse was pointing at it this morning and it said "thumbs down." I would never have used a thumbs down icon.....it sure looked like a question mark to me, until I put on my glasses.

While this may be the correct name, I must say that I frequently sign A LOT before Sail Away! Get on the ship by noon and grab a drink of the day first thing!:D

While this may be the correct name, I must say that I frequently sign A LOT before Sail Away! Get on the ship by noon and grab a drink of the day first thing!:D

Aint that the truth!!!

Archived