Bingo - w/my daughter?

jhaasz

My daughter (who is 12) loves to play bingo (I have to "con" her into only going once a day). On RCI, they will let the kids play as long as a parent (or adult) is present. My question is, if I purchase the bingo cards (anyone have any idea how much they are), can she play (even if I sit next to her and watch)? The reason I ask is that I noticed in one of the Patters, it states that anyone under the age of 21 is not allowed to actively participate.

If anyone else has a kid addicted to bingo and can provide an answer, it would be appreciated. :)

I think they are $10 a card. Then at the end of the cruise, the big bingo it's $20.

On our first cruise my DH didin't want to go with me to play bingo, but he was being very kind and came with me...

I bought him a card and sure enough he won..:) ..Now, he wants to play whenever they have it......

Bingo is $20 for 3 cards - one for each of the 5 games. Princess also gave a coupon book in the room and one of them got you an extra card for the final game blackout bingo...

No problem with kids playing, just so the adult reaps the rewards.... just got off the Crown 7/11 (yes, the l"ist" cruise). We didn't get to have the final jackpot bingo for the big money due to the list and ending of the cruise....but no one had won it til that time...so I guess the money rolled over to the next cruise.

I hope this is clearer -

Bingo is offered throughout your cruise. Bingo tickets range in price from $10.00 to $20.00. The best ticket for your money being the "VALUE PACK." A value pack consists of 3 tickets for the price of 2. Bingo tickets go on sale at least 30 minutes before the start of the game.

Types of Cards • 1 set of tickets for all 5 games $10

• Value Pack (3 sets of tickets for all 5 games) $20

• Value Pack (3 single tickets for the Snowball Jackpot game) $10

The final Jackpot game costs $20 for three game strip. Our jackpot was $2500 and was shared by seven players..... half the audience was standing waiting for one number (my grandson included) My grandson played almost every day with me- as long as the adult purchases the tickets and goes up for the cash they are OK :)

Some people have posted $20 for Value Pack - 5 games. Unfortunately, Princess has gone to having just 4 games, at least that was my experience on the 7/22 cruise. Also, they do not have "punch through" cards anymore. So be sure to bring a writing utensil or highlighter. They will, of course, sell you a bingo marker for a buck if you don't have anything to write with!

I just sailed last week 7/29 and the cards are still perforated that you fold over- the packs contain 5 games,blue orange green yellow and red- I know because the caller called those colors many times prior to each game.:)

Hmmmmm.....maybe the change was only on the Crown. Many people were disappointed about only 4 games. The cruise director said that the same amount of money was given out, just divied up differently. Do you remeber the payouts - for us it was 100. 200. 300. 400. 2500 for the final day if no one won the jackpot during the week.

I think it was $100-125-150--200-400. The first and last games are correct anyway- I won a game for being the last one standing with no numbers called and it was for $125- it wasn't the first game played that day. The final jackpot on Friday was for $2500 and 7 people shared..

Several years ago we were on RCI Legend of the Seas (great ship at the time). All of the old darlings were very upset. It seems this 12 year boy was deperate to play bingo. hHs mother hated bingo but she did promise. You know the rest, towards the end of the cruise she took him to play(lucky Tshirt and all). He bought one or two cards, and promply won...I think around $1700. but I am not certain. Lot's of complaining in the dining room for the rest of the cruise about that one. We were thrilled for him.

We used to really enjoy playing Bingo on our cruises. I love kids, have some, love our grandkids, etc, but Bingo WAS an adult activity. It seems to have become a parent/child activity these days...........that's good, as parents and children should do more stuff together, but we don't play any more. I do think it should be labeled as a family activity since it is. I'd guess that children won the games at least half the time on our last three cruises. especially on the last few days. So, parents, take your kids.........they seem to be very lucky. :)

Archived