Pelican Beach Resort VS Embassy

mtaylor04

I currently have two rooms booked for our December Cruise. One is a Ocean View Queen Suite at Pelican Beach Resort (I splurged) and the other is a Suite at Embassy Suites.

There is myself (40) and my DD (19) and her friend (19).

The pictures of the Pelican look beautiful but the pelican is $100 a night more than Embassy, is it worth the extra $100.

I don't mind spending the money if its worth it. (It is a vacation :D )

Mary

I currently have two rooms booked for our December Cruise. One is a Ocean View Queen Suite at Pelican Beach Resort (I splurged) and the other is a Suite at Embassy Suites.

The pictures of the Pelican look beautiful but the pelican is $100 a night more than Embassy, is it worth the extra $100.

Mary

Hi Mary, The Pelican Beach Resort is gorgeous. They're about to drop their Best Western affiliation as they're converting it into a condo-hotel. The smallest room starts at $400,000. I hope this change doesn't affect your plans. The newest hotel in FLL is the St Regis. Scheduled to open December 15th, if you can get a room there go for it. This will be Ft Lauderdales first luxury hotel resort with a few more to follow. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1512

I've always been a fan of Embassy Suites but my choice would be the one you've made or better yet the St Regis. ;)

we LOVE pelican beach. we've stayed there twice in YOUR EXACT ROOM. you will be blown away by it!!!

the beach is beautiful....the pool is nice (a little small) but they also have a lazy river which we were in for hours.

they food in the restaurant is delicious and reasonably priced and they have an ice cream parlor (yes it's a parlor!:D )right in the hotel.

Thanks for the replies. They have already charged me for one nights stay so I can't imagine they would take the room away from us.

I looked at the ST. Regis but there not booking yet.

I can't wait, I am so excited

• 3 weeks later...

Archived