Question about TV in stateroom

Hi! My husband and I are considering cruising with Royal Caribbean for the first time in December. As any college football fans out there know this is bowl season! So, my question is what channels do you get on the tv's on Enchantment of the Seas. I can't find where they have a sports bar so I guess the only option will be whatever comes on the tv in the staterooms. I know on Celebrity they don't have any live feeds and on Carnival they did have networks and CNN. Any info would be appreciated!

I've never seen any live TV in cabin on RCCL. Just a "loop" of the same canned television. After a few days it just seems to repeat itself.[/quote

When was the last time you sailed? RCI broadcasts CNN, ESPN (sometimes the international editions of both, depending upon where they are sailing) and some CBS programming similar to what is shown on airplane flights. We have watched live NFL and Major League Baseball games on occasion also. They are limited by law as to just what kind of programming they can offer, but along with movies that are run daily and some programming generated on the ship itself, you can get a fairly good variety of programming on the TV in your stateroom or in some of the ship's lounges.

Don't count on being able to watch your favorite game! TV options are quite limited, and they don't even show Nascar!!! (They had the damn soccer thing on!) Your best bet is to Tivo or tape what you might miss!

No Nascar? The horror! :p

Thanks for all the input! Fortunately, we do have Tivo so that is always an option. We just cruised with Carnival a few weeks ago and I was surprised that they had all of the major networks and CNN so I was hopeful we could see some live games in Dec if we do cruise. Oh well, I definitely won't let it interfere with our cruise if we decide to go!:)

I've never seen any live TV in cabin on RCCL. Just a "loop" of the same canned television. After a few days it just seems to repeat itself.[/quote

When was the last time you sailed? RCI broadcasts CNN, ESPN (sometimes the international editions of both, depending upon where they are sailing) and some CBS programming similar to what is shown on airplane flights. We have watched live NFL and Major League Baseball games on occasion also. They are limited by law as to just what kind of programming they can offer, but along with movies that are run daily and some programming generated on the ship itself, you can get a fairly good variety of programming on the TV in your stateroom or in some of the ship's lounges.

ya but i remember when i went last year on the NOS when we were at sea on the way to like st thomas i think they only had espn in the spanish version, no english till the end of the cruise... But my best suggestion a TIVO. enjoy ur cruise and once ur get home anything u missed is recorded...

Don't count on being able to watch your favorite game! TV options are quite limited, and they don't even show Nascar!!! (They had the damn soccer thing on!) Your best bet is to Tivo or tape what you might miss!
that damn soccer thing was the world cup.:rolleyes:

Archived