Snorkling ideas on the 11/18 sailing on Grand Princess

madepaz

:o My family and I are taking the November 18th Cruise to the western carribean. Does anyone know of any great private snorkling tours in Belize City, Belize; Roatan; and Costa Maya. We would like to learn about interesting and must things to do at those ports. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,

Madepaz--we have been to Costa Maya a couple of times. We haven't gone on atour for snorkeling there but we found some wonderful conch shells just of the shore in Mahahual (sp?). We rented golf carts and drove over--really neat to drive a golf cart on a highway. The only thing I caution you on if you do this is to stay away from the sea urchins!! My DH was snorkeling in some pretty shallow water and accidentally got a few spines from an urchin and was not a very happy sailor for a while.

We have friends that did a chartered snorkel trip and I will get more info. from them asap. They LOVED Costa Maya for snorkeling--thought is was some of the best they have done, better than Cozumel used to be.

I'll keep you posted,

Lynndpi

Madepaz--good news and bad news. Bad news first, my husband's friend that loved the snorkeling in Costa Maya is in Cozumel this week so I can't get info. from him directly. However, and here's the good news, my DH told me that some of the cute little fishing boats we saw in the village (Mahahual)are for hire. His friend just hired one of the guys off the beach to take them out to the reef (you can see it from the shore) and that's where they did all the great snorkeling. If you go to my webshots link at the bottom, you can see pics of Mahahual and the fishing boats. I'll get more info. when his friend gets back.

Lynndpi

• 2 weeks later...

Madepaz--Well, here is all the info. I can get second hand. My husband's buddy hired a snorkel guide right by the golf cart rental place and not off the beach. He wasn't sure how much they paid but he did say that he talked them down from their original price.

Sorry I'm not more help!

Lynn

Archived