We've done Southern, Eastern & Western Caribbean, where to go next?

Seayalater

FYI... Princess no longer sails to Bermuda which I think is a mistake. I think there should be more itineraries to Bermuda or to the Caribbean from NY/Boston for the East Coast and more West Coast itineraries (Mexican Riviera, Costa Rica or even San Diego to SF). But I guess they don't draw enough passengers to fill the huge ships. NCL, RCI and Celebrity are more adventuresome with US itineraries than Princess.

If you can handle the long flights, New Zealand/Australia is a wonderful itinerary.

Been "down under" several times, going again next Mar., - great countries, very friendly people.

Michael

We would love different 7 day itineraries as we just cannot take more time off these days and flights to San Juan from the Midwest are so expensive ($700 last time I checked).

If Princess could figure out a way for at least one of the Southern Caribbean ports to be added to a FLL departure point, we'd be thrilled. For instance, on the traditional Eastern route, exchange St. Maarten for something more exotic. Don't need more ports (love those sea days!), would just like a little variety.

Cruise ships don't do Mexico in summer for the same reason they don't do Alaska in winter. Bad weather. Alaska has snow in winter and Mexico has rain in summer. Lots of it.

THANK YOU CACTUSROSE finally an answer!

who knew it rained so much there!

I don't know why, but I thought that Princess had a ship doing Mexico in the Summer now. I checked it out, and you are right - looks like only Carnival and Disney.

For what it's worth, I've traveled quite a bit in Mexico and I do enjoy it, but the ports on a Mexican Riviera cruise don't appeal to me much. I really like to snorkel and go to nice beaches and the Caribbean has the Mexican Riviera beat on that front. If I go to Mexico I prefer to do a land trip to Playa Del Carman - beautiful town and Mayan Culture and the beaches are awesome!

I did Alaska 2 years ago (kicking and screaming because I like WARM weather) and it was fantastic. It is a different kind of trip, but so beautiful and enjoyable. The wildlife and glaciers are amazing.

I can't compare the Caribbean with Tahiti or the Med - YET. But, they are definitely on my list!

There are some nice cruises to New England. And how about South America? That will probably be our next choice. We've done the Caribbean - East, West and South - Panama Canal and the Med. I know that I'm in the minority, but I really did not like the Med cruise. I much prefer land touring in Europe. You really don't learn much about other countries on a quick, frantic, and long day excursion. We've done extensive world wide travel, and that cruise was a disappointment. However, we have never been nervous about traveling anywhere in the world, but we are Nervous Nellies these days, so cruising to these ports is probably a bit safer.

We are having the same problem trying to find something different but are reluctant to add a long flight to an otherwise pleasant experience! Have you done the Southern Caribbean Medely on the Dawn? It has some different ports . Or the Southern Caribbean Explorer out of San Juan also has different ports. South America is probably our next destination even though it involves some flying. Or how about a 12 days Amazon River or a 17 day Andes and South America tour. I hope they do those two itineraries again, I am ready to go!

thanks all for the tips,

I would love to do Tahiti or Mediterrain but airfare alone would jack up our budget...plus we did Italy last year.

My dilema is husband is a professor and we have 2 teenagers, so we're stuck with summer, going w/o daughters, or during the holidays with everyone one else on the planet.

If you are only able to do 7 days, summer, want to stay and are only interested in Princess that really narrows down your choices. Even the 7 day Canada/New England doesn't start until September. The Mexican Riviera starts in October and goes through April. You can probably get some pretty good Airfares to Los Angeles.

Archived