Pool temperature on Alaska cruise.

lakings91

I've scanned most of sticky and FAQ threads - but didn't quite found much info whether Princess ships worm up the pool on Alaska cruises.

We're on Dawn leaving 8/26. I've checked the weather forecast - it's already getting quite cold up there. Yet my son will definitely give a try to some swimming :cool: experience.

To the best of my knowledge Sun class ships do not have retractable roof over the pool area (like some Royal Caribbean ships).

I've sailed on Sun and Sea Princesses, never been on Dawn.

I also believe Princess had not (as of yet) retro-fitted Dawn with pool deck big movie screen, right?

Any input is appreciated, and again if similar questions had already been posted please provide a link as well.

Thanks to all (if any) :)

I've scanned most of sticky and FAQ threads - but didn't quite found much info whether Princess ships worm up the pool on Alaska cruises.

We're on Dawn leaving 8/26. I've checked the weather forecast - it's already getting quite cold up there. Yet my son will definitely give a try to some swimming :cool: experience.

To the best of my knowledge Sun class ships do not have retractable roof over the pool area (like some Royal Caribbean ships).

I've sailed on Sun and Sea Princesses, never been on Dawn.

I also believe Princess had not (as of yet) retro-fitted Dawn with pool deck big movie screen, right?

Any input is appreciated, and again if similar questions had already been posted please provide a link as well.

Thanks to all (if any) :)

We were on Dawn Princess to Alaska in May this year and we had great weather. As for swimming in the ship's pools you will certainly want to try them out. They are heated and the water was just like bath water - nice and hot but it could be a little chilly when you got out!!

If you are interested I have posted reviews of the Rockies Land Tour which we did pre-cruise and the cruise itself.

Links are as follows

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=360451

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19049

Another member of our Roll Call (babyblue) has also posted a review and hers and mine can also be picked up from the Members Review boards for Dawn Princess.

Someone we linked up on the board with who was on the Rockies Tour on 1st July and on Dawn 8th July did the Rocky Mountaineer trip whilst on the Land Tour. She has posted a review under the Princess boards - under the name of Margord.

Would thoroughly recommend the Land Tour in conjunction with the cruise - especially for folks like ourselves travelling all the way from the UK it would be senseless not to do the two together.

You will have a wonderful trip. Good luck with the plans and hope the review helps.

Suron in Bristol, England

YOu are right - as yet Dawn does not have Movies Under the Stars installed but there is so much else going on you will not know what to choose!

Here is a tip. Make sure you get a bathrobe from your room steward. Wear this to and fro the pool.

Better yet, I used the hot tubs a lot and got to see the scenery while enjoying a drink !! Its the best !

I did use the pool as well.

Recently on the Coral. I hate cold water and found the pool perfect on our Alaskan cruise. It was too chilly for me getting in and out though. If you are a larger person, don't try to use the robes to cover up. One size fits all....doesn't!!!

Thanks for the replies everybody.

I probably wouldn't dive in, but my son had only been to warmer area cruises - so at this point he is determined to give it a try.

Speaking of robes - I'd hope they have a heavier version of robes on Alaska cruises.

Once again thanks!!!

:)

Archived