Trivia

On our Dawn sailing, they had a type of trivia (general, music, etc) during the day and then in the early evening they had a weeklong team trivia contest where the daily scores of your team were added to the previous days to determine which team had won by the end of the cruise.

Yes, trivia is usually conducted a couple times a day - once in the morning for early risers and once around 5:30 or 6pm. That's how it's been on the last 4 or 5 NCL cruises that I've taken. They usually do it in a team format, with a limit of 4 (sometimes 6) to a team.

On my Dawn sailing a few weeks ago, for the first time ever (on any cruise ship that I've been on), they made the evening trivia contests "progressive". In other words, your score for each night was accrued every night for a final score at the end of the cruise. Frankly, I did NOT like that format. If you really wanted a chance to win, it means you were locked into attending every session. On all my other cruises, each trivia session was standalone, with prizes going to each session's winners. It's not as if the progressive trivia prizes were great - if they were, it might have justified giving out only one set of prizes. They were still the same types of prizes that have always been given out - mugs, t-shirts, etc. I'd hate to think that this was a cost-cutting maneuver. After all, we're not talking about expensive prizes. Also, on my Spirit cruise back in Feb, they still gave out prizes at each nightly session. Perhaps this new progressive format was the idea of the CD, Matt Baker, and not necessarily fleetwide.

A friend of mine just came back from the Majesty last week. She brought the Freestyle Dailies back for me. It seems as though there is some type of trivia every couple of hours, throughout the day, on the Majesty. That is much more than I have ever experienced on my five cruises with them. My daughter and I enjoy the trivia and participate in most games. We're looking forward to this.

Well you certainly have gotten a variety of answers huh? First of all, Sea days will have more than port days; While in port you may have 2 a day (one being late afternoon or evening) sea days about 3 or 4: yes, there will be a team trivia, most likely one other one in the morning, a late afternoon one and again in the evening. it may be general subjects, music, sports or a combination. NMnita

On my cruise on the Star to the Mexican Riviera in December it seemed there were several trivia sessions just about every day - and this was on an 8-day cruise! Many in my family are trivia buffs and went all the time. On the final night of the cruise they had Jeopardy in the Stardust Theater. Just for fun I put my name in, got called up, and my team won the game! Woo-hoo! Free bag of NCL goodies (to give out as souvenirs, heh heh heh)! :)

Jo

NCL has numerous trivia contests but the prizes are very skimpy- key rings, bookmarks and luggage tags. Years ago we got pen sets, maglites, disposable cameras, videos of the ship etc. Another example of cost cutting.

Trivia is awesome.

Anyone know if it's the same on the Pride of .... ships for NCL?

I am just about ready to book on the POH for the 4th of Sept.

Trivia would make it even sweeter.

Family + Hawaii + Trivia = what more can you ask for :D

We always play some trivia, sometimes team sometimes other versions. What amazes me is how seriously some people take it: we saw one gal walk out because she thought her answer techically was correct; then there are those who play afternoon trivia and let everyone know they won in the morning game: oh yes, when the social conductor says only 4 or 6 to a team and someone squeezes in a couple of extra people to help them. We are playing for 10 cent prizes or if team trivia maybe a bag full of 10 cent prizes; for us, we are playing for fun....NMnnita

Archived