Intercontinental Hotel

teaach

We are staying at the IC in April, precruise vacation before we take the Valor(E. Carib.). Can we walk safely to the Bayside Market and where is the best place for adults to eat dinner at the Bayside? Another question - where is a good place for a simple breakfast the next day? Really excited about the Valor cruise!

We too will be staying at the Intercontinetal in Nov. and I have asked the same questions. Bubba Gumps for seafood, Hard Rock for varity, Lombari's for Italian are all within the Bayside complex. Bayside is within a safe walking distance from the IC. For some reason, breakfast places just haven't been named on this site. One similar question was "moved" just the other day. I don't want to eat at the hotel as I would rather experience something local. Bayside doesn't open until after 10 a.m. on Sunday so that is out as we want to go to the port early, too.

Bon Voyage

My girlfriend and I stayed at the IC in January pre-cruise for the NCL Jewel. Walking is perfectly safe. However, as in any city you should always be aware of your surroundings. It is not a very long walk and there were many people, including families with small children, out walking and enjoying a South Florida winter evening. Bayside is a great place. You will really enjoy it. I can't recommend a good restaurant, as I'm a Hooters guy myself. You know they have great wings:D ! That's the ONLY reason I go.

As far as breakfast goes, we ate the buffett at the hotel. It is pricey though. I think around $20 / person if I remember right. The service, or lack thereof was awful. I don't expect much at a buffett, but at that price, I would have liked at least one coffee refill.

Yes - the IC is in VERY safe walking distance from Bayside. You may want to try Bubba Gump's, Los Rancho's, Hooters (VERY casual dining), Hard Rock, and various food court restaurants as well as other individual standing restaurants that I can't remember.

There are not too many breakfast places in the downtown area in which you can walk too, but you can also try Bongo's Cuban Cafe right next to the AA Arena which is next to Bayside.

Thanks everyone for all the information for my precruise dinner at Bayside Market. I think we will try Bubba Gumps. Does anyone know if we could have breakfast at the Holiday Inn if we stay at the Intercontinental. We belong to the frequent flyers club and I heard you could have breakfast for five dollars. Also will we have a problem getting a taxi to the pier about 11:30am on Sunday morning?

I don't think you will have a problem getting a taxi. Just have the hotel concierge call one for you or you can call one yourself... (305) 444-4444 or sometimes just venturing down to the lobby you wil see many taxi's already there...

I'm so excited, so I've got to tell someone.... Just booked the IC through Priceline for $85 ($100 after taxes) for the night before the cruise.

I can't believe that deal... infact, it makes me wonder if something is wrong. Please tell me that I got a great deal and that my cruise group/family will be very pleased with the IC. :-)

And is there any other thoughts? A nice place for dinner that isn't a chain???

That's about what I paid through Priceline in January. So don't think anything is wrong. Enjoy your stay. You can't get a bad view in the hotel. You can either be looking at the Port or Miami. Have fun at Bayside.

Those rates for Dec. are fabulous. Guess I should have waited but I am happy to have the IC for November. It's all about location for me for one night pre-cruise.

Teaach, there should be no problem walking to the HI for breakfast. If the Latin American Cafe is not open at Bayside, I just may do the same thing. How do you get the $5 buffet? Do you need a certificate?

Nanatravel

Archived