****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

You're going the gym? LOL. You're still here 28 minutes later. :D Very entertaining, though maybe only to me. :)

Arlene

YES now I am!

Tony and Javier

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thanks Tony. By chance you don't know if there is a photo and/or the name of the ship on the front cover do you?

Wendy not that I noticed...but I will go and double check for you after dinner tonight just to see...she didn't actually show me one but described what you would get in each of them.

Tony

Good Morning from the Grand Princess again...

We'll last night was a complete bust. After getting out of the Da Vinci Dinning Room around 10:30pm I felt really stuffed and really overtired. So my big plans of going to the "office" didn't happen last night at all. Instead went back to the cabin and watched some tv and fell asleep by 11:45pm.

Of course woke up this morning at the crack of darkness at 6:00am ....even the sun isn't up! We are scheduled to arrive in Rhodes at 8:00am and depart at 6:00pm tonight.

The ships berth is approx. a 5 minute walk to the old city walls...no shuttle service for 10 euros thank god!

Places of interests in Rhodes are the following:

Mandraki Harbour...The Colossus of Rhodes, one of teh 7 wonders of the Ancient World, is reputed to have stood guard over the harbour.

Mt. Philerimos: a Plateau approx. 1000 feet above sea level is teh site of a monastery, the Church of Our Lady and the St. George Chapel.

Rhodes Town: The old city is a medievial walled town of stone houses and narrow winding streets....(similar to Dubrovnik) Some good shopping can be had in Rhodes with excellent quality of goods and merchandise.

Palace of the Grand Masters: Built in the 14th century, this palace dominates the harbour and town.

You can also travel to Lindos, the ancient Doric city thrived during the classical era and is approx. a 15 minutes drive.

We plan on getting off this morning after 8:30am and walk thru old town and do some shopping. I am also told that there ar a couple of very small beaches that are within walking distance from the Old Town. I will try and report back there names and locations for those sunworshippers!

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

For those of you that might be looking at the cruise cam we are just pulling into Rhodes now....amazing view of the harbour. We have arrived 45 miutes ahead of schedule and the ship will be cleared in no time I am sure. The weather today is forecasting another marvellous day...sunny and hot and a high of 89F...ahhh the Med!

OK, off to breakfast soon.

Tony

OK I have finally made it to the end of this thread & enough with the coyness - what do you do????? What exactly is your job?

I also wish you would post a picture of you, Javier & Sharon. You are like celebrities here!

Finally, where do you get all your energy!!!!?????

Rhodes looks really neat...I've always wonted to visited the Historical side of it.

My parents visited the Island for a couple of weeks and loved it several years ago.

Really you should write that book Tony about all the cruises and experiences.

I love to read last thing at nite in bed...Its a book to take to bed then drop off to sleep and dream about all the exotic ports of call:)

OK I have finally made it to the end of this thread & enough with the coyness - what do you do????? What exactly is your job?

I also wish you would post a picture of you, Javier & Sharon. You are like celebrities here!

Finally, where do you get all your energy!!!!?????

WOW enquiring minds want to know!...just like the "Enquirer":D

Maybe if can try and post a pic in the avitar that could work?

At 40, still have a lot of energy!

Thanks for reading that entire thread!

Tony

Rhodes looks really neat...I've always wonted to visited the Historical side of it.

My parents visited the Island for a couple of weeks and loved it several years ago.

Really you should write that book Tony about all the cruises and experiences.

I love to read last thing at nite in bed...Its a book to take to bed then drop off to sleep and dream about all the exotic ports of call:)

It's either I write a book or post here Kruisey!...too busy and besides it takes a lot of time to write a book...wouldn't be my thing either as I am not that patient of a person to begin with.

Tony

Rhodes looks very nice...nice view from the Grand Cam.

Do you find that you have more energy on a cruise than back at home with the usual M-F routine? Just asking because that's how I feel....no problem getting up early..go all day...go all night....and bounce right back the next day!! Certainly not my usual at-home routine..that's for sure :p

From what I'm reading, Tony....'what you do' is 'the right thing'......right now..you're being our tour guide through the Mediterranean...and doing a fine job of it.....keep it up..............we're all going to go through cruise withdrawal when YOU get off the ship....LOL

Enjoy your day!

Rhodes looks very nice...nice view from the Grand Cam.

Do you find that you have more energy on a cruise than back at home with the usual M-F routine? Just asking because that's how I feel....no problem getting up early..go all day...go all night....and bounce right back the next day!! Certainly not my usual at-home routine..that's for sure :p

From what I'm reading, Tony....'what you do' is 'the right thing'......right now..you're being our tour guide through the Mediterranean...and doing a fine job of it.....keep it up..............we're all going to go through cruise withdrawal when YOU get off the ship....LOL

Enjoy your day!

Thanks Ladysail2....I find I have more energy as well while onboard..so many things to do and take in and of course a quick afternon nap helsp as well!;)

No need for "CWS" a.k.a Cruise Withdrawl Syndrome...I will be back on a ship Sept 16th for 57 days on the Pacific Princess!

Tony

Just came back from going ashore this morning and it is HOT HOT HOT here today with a nice breeze from the ocean. There are a lot of people in Old Town Rhodes today as the Costa Europa is here as well alongside us. Such a small place like this gets very crowded and quick when more than one ship is here.

Some good shopping for clothing, shirts, shoes and handbags etc...prices are very reasonable and the quality is good as well. We leave at 5:00pm for Santorini tonight.

A tip for Euro Conversion frm US $ do it onboard the ship which is $1.32 Us dollars to Euro's which is a great rate without the commission being charged by using the autoteller on Deck 6 beside the Pursers desk.

Tony

It's either I write a book or post here Kruisey!...too busy and besides it takes a lot of time to write a book...wouldn't be my thing either as I am not that patient of a person to begin with.

Tony

Ok.........one ghostwriter coming up! :eek: I wrote a play, so why not a book? :rolleyes: And, I disagree. I think you're VERY patient.

Arlene

Ok.........one ghostwriter coming up! :eek: I wrote a play, so why not a book? :rolleyes: And, I disagree. I think you're VERY patient.

Arlene

But only for CERTAIN THINGS ...like the "Office".

Tony

Nope. Still disagree. Will save further comment for when I see you.

Arlene

OK start boarding up...I was just watching CNN and Ernesto is coming right for you guys in 48 hours or so!...Yikes!...good luck and stay safe!

Tony

OK start boarding up...I was just watching CNN and Ernesto is coming right for you guys in 48 hours or so!...Yikes!...good luck and stay safe!

Tony

Ernesto is NOT coming here. He's not invited and we won't let him in. Actually he's headed for the Keys (as usual) and then supposed to go over towards Tampa. That's Ro and Murray territory, so maybe they'll come here to hide out. We went there after Wilma.

Arlene

Thanks Tony. By chance you don't know if there is a photo and/or the name of the ship on the front cover do you?

OK Wendy...just checked again and there is a nice picture of the Grand Princess on the cover and name as well.

Tony

Ernesto is NOT coming here. He's not invited and we won't let him in. Actually he's headed for the Keys (as usual) and then supposed to go over towards Tampa. That's Ro and Murray territory, so maybe they'll come here to hide out. We went there after Wilma.

Arlene

We'll if he decide's to drop in for a while and stay you're always welcome to come far away to Montreal where we don't get Hurricanes!...open invitation to you both and Murray and Ro!;)

Tony

Archived