Submarines

CHIEB2812

DH an I did Atlantis Sub in Barbados and enjoyed ourselves. We were able to see a shipwreck up close and lots of different fish..some colorful and some not. The coral was not colorful but we did see fish hiding in the coral along with other sea creatures. To us, it was worth doing at least once in a lifetime. Our picutres out the port holes did not turn out :( way too dark.

If you get a chance, you should try the BOB excursion (breathing observation bubble)...I think is similar to the bubble sub. We did that in St. Thomas and LOVED it. Have fun!!

HELP! Does anyone have any information on the Semi Sub or Atlantic Sub in Grand Cayman? We want to know if its worth it and what stuff did you see, any information would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

I have seen the Atlantic sub on several occasions while scuba diving. Everyone on board looks like they are having a good time, as we are waving back and forth to each other through the portholes. It goes right through a very popular shore diving site at around 50-55 feet depth, past a small wreck , through sand patches in the reef and I believe it follows the wall at around 100 feet at some point. If I were not a diver, I would definitely try it.

I am a diver and have been on the Atlantis Submarine in Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed it. Alot of the tour is down at 100 ft. and if it's dark they will put the lights on and the color really comes out. Our pictures turned out fine, we just put the camera right up to the glass.

Does anyone know how much the Bubble subs are? We will be in the Caymans in Oct and have done the beach and stingray city before. This definately looks like fun and something different.

let me know

djp

My understanding is that the 2 Man Bubble Sub is $398 per couple if booked through the cruise line (RCCL in my case), and slightly higher if booked directly through Bubble Subs. I had also inquired about having a video taken of the dive...that seems to me to be fairly expensive at $350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

We're hoping to do the Bubble Sub for our April 07 cruise.

Archived