Mr. Sancho's

Redsoxfan14

Roch~~ WOW thanks for an hour of enjoyment of viewing your photos!! FAB and Outstanding!!! Exactly the way I want to spend the 4th last Friday night at home before vaca........A glass<ok I lied a bottle between the both of us> viewing what is to come......Thanks for making us excited!!

BTW...........a lovely couple could be seen!!!

Happy future cruises!!!

Your pics are totally fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us! I had to look at them all. I can not wait to see Cozumel now and all the waters and colors are so beautiful.. Looks like you both had a great time!

Thanks again!

Deana

Leaving soon with a large group of family, some want to go to Mr. Sanchos and some would like to go to PB (I am leaning towards PB). I know we could separate but my kids would like to be with their cousins. Any comments would be appreciated.

I'd say there is more space and toys to entertain the kids at Paradise Beach, for $8 they can get a fun-pass giving them unlimited use of kayaks, floating sunmats, water trampoline, climbing iceberg etc.

There's a review with photos of all the beach clubs - including Paradise Beach and Mr Sanchos - at www.wilmacozumel.com too.

Hope that helps

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom!

:) It's Myra and Justin, hope you remember us,,,my son with autism? Well, anyway, we have friends coming this week. Gave them info on PB. She is Rosalie and her daughter is Loralie. Ros's daughter is older than JT but also disabled, (downs) and probably would appreciate any assistance you can give them. ( like helping us with the taxi, that was awesome, have not forgotten). I know they will have a great time there, great foodl, safe, clean, fun etc. I told her how friendly you are and what a nice beach it is. Pretty sure they we be landing there whenever Carnival/Conquest arrives next week. We were supposed to be with them but JT wanted to go to Calif for his birthday next month ,sure hope to be there again soon ,,you never know! :eek:

Where would you suggest going with a 4 year old that likes to play in the sand and calm water? My husband would like to snorkle but the little one gets the priority.

MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE THERE VERY SHORTLY IN COZUMEL. WE WANT TO HEAD STRAIGHT TO MR. SANCHOS. HAS ANYONE HEARD THE LATEST ABOUT THEIR BEACH AREA AND IF THE FOOD THERE IS GOOD??? ARE THERE ANY SHOPS NEARBY??? HOW IS THE HORSEBACK RIDING AND SNORKELING THERE???:confused:

:confused: Did u see our friends at PB this week? I wasnt able to tell them anything more as they left that day I wrote on here. Wont find out anything till they get back this coming week. If they didnt come to your beach, they may have gone to Passion Island, our other fav beach in Coz.:D Sure miss COZ & wished we were with them, I thought about it all week. ha!:p

MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE THERE VERY SHORTLY IN COZUMEL. WE WANT TO HEAD STRAIGHT TO MR. SANCHOS. HAS ANYONE HEARD THE LATEST ABOUT THEIR BEACH AREA AND IF THE FOOD THERE IS GOOD??? ARE THERE ANY SHOPS NEARBY??? HOW IS THE HORSEBACK RIDING AND SNORKELING THERE???:confused:

We were there while on the 3/19 Star Princess and though the beach in front has washed away, there still is beach to both sides. The food is fantastic and fresh and the beers are ice cold. There are shops right there and the prices are great. Snorkeling wasn't great the day we were there as it was a bit rough so the water wasn't as clear as I remember.

So we decided to go to Mr. Sanchos when we go to Cozumel next month...now tell me everything about it! How big is the beach? Are umbrellas and lounge chairs free? Is food good? Is it expensive? Is it true they have massages on the beach? What's the shopping area like? What's the pool/hot tub like? Is it usually crowded there?

Thanks! :)

Went there last year in june. It was not packed at all. The shopping (a bunch of huts lined up with the same stuff) was sad. I was not impressed at all. I will be on the Conquest 7-9-06 and will go to paradise beach this time out.

Just my $.02 :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

My Husband And I Just Recently Went On Carnival Inspiration First To Grand Cayman Then To Cozumel. We Took A Taxi From International Pier $16 OnE Way To Mr Sanchos Which Was About A Fifteen Minute Ride. You Will Pass San Fran Beach, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, Etc. You Will See The Devestation Along The Way Of The Trees And Houses From Hurricane Wilma As You Are Basically Out In The Countryside. Once We Got To Mr Sanchos, We Decided To Do Their Horseback Riding Tour Through The Forest And Then Onto The Beach By The Water. The Price Was $30 For Half And Hour And We Saw Iguanas, Turtles, And A Huge Termite Nest. The Horses Were Well Cared For And They Gave Us The Most Gentle Horses To Ride On And The Instructor Was Right With Us All The Way. It Was Just A Beautiful Tour! I Would Highly Recommend Doing This. They Even Gave Me A Step Ladder To Use To Get Up On The Horse:d . The Water Was Hard To Swim In As There Was Alot Of Seaweed And Hard Rock Formations On The Bottom. We Basically Just Swam Across In The Shallow Part. They Do Have Lawn Chairs And Tables. They Also Have A Nice Pool Facing The Ocean Next To Their Ala Carte Restaurant Which Is Nice. Massage Tables Are There Also Facing The Ocean As Well As Locker Rentals. As You Enter, There Are Small Gift Huts With Tshirts And All And They Do Try To Get You Into Coming In And Checking Out The Merchandise. They Also Have Beautiful Gardens That Are Used Also For Weddings. It Is Nice And Peaceful There. From There, We Took Another Taxi Downtown San Miguel Which Cost $19 And Then There We Ate At A Good Restaurant Called La Choza. Very Good Guacamole And A Nice Mariachi Band. You Will See Alot Of The Locals. I Think It Was Located On Rosado Street. Good Fajitas And Margaritas:d . The Shops There Do Try And Get You To Come In As Well And They Will Offer You A Free Drink And Then Get You To Come In To Browse. You Will Also See The Horse And Buggy Rides Which Was Priced At $6, Mopeds, And Also Dune Buggies. The Shops Downtown And At The International Pier Are Basically Selling The Same Merchandise. Hope That This All Helps You!

Bob And Deb

Wow, thanks, Bob/Deb! Do you remember if you had to pay for lounge chairs? How much were the massages?

The reason I picked this beach for us to go to is that it seems like it offers more than Paradise Beach (horseback riding, shops, pool, massages) but you don't have to pay the big beach club cover charge, and it doesn't seem as well-known.

Hello!

There Is No Charge To Rent The Lounge Chairs. I Had A Mexican Beer Called, Sol Which Was $3. They Do Have A Menu Left On The Beach Umbrella Tables If You Care To Eat On The Beach Or At Their Ala Carte Restaurant. When We Were There, There Was Only Two Or Three Other Couples There. Didn't See Any Children. Maybe Because We Were There Right From The Ship Around 10am. The Pool Is Small But Beautiful And Does Face The Ocean. It Is Located Right Beside The Restaurant. You Can View Their Website Online. Just Go To Google And Type In Mr. Sanchos Cozumel. It Will Also Give You The Prices On The Massages. Good Website! To Me, This Is Just A Real Peaceful Beach If That Is What You Are Looking For. I Would Definitely Recommend Doing The Horseback Riding. Bring Your Cameras Along Or Video Camera While Riding!!! The Beach Is Narrow Now Due To Hurricane Wilma And Then Also The Water Does Have Alot Of Seaweed In It And Rock Formation. The Water Is Extremely Salty So Watch Your Mouths!!!!! You Really Can't Go Out Far But Still We Both Swam Across In The Shallow Part And Really Enjoyed Ourselves. This Place Is Well Maintained. Where Are You From? I Am From Virginia. Please Let Me Know How You Make Out There.

Bob And Debra

• 2 weeks later...

Bob & Deb,

Can you provide more information about horseback riding? I went to the website and couldn't find any details. Do you need a reservation? Is there a kid's rate? Is there a minimum age to ride? Was it really 40.00 for only a 1/2 hour? That seems really high compared to the other sites I've looked at. Mr. Sanchos is the only site that I can find out that you actually ride on the beach and not the jungle.

PS - My husband is scared because he thinks one of us will fall off and end up in the emergency room. I think this sounds great!

This is our second time in Cozumel, but 1st time with kids.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and new sister-in-law just recently went there during their cruise (2 weeks ago). The beach apparently lost a lot of sand but they enjoyed it. We'll be going to Paradise Beach instead on our upcoming cruise since I heard it hasn't lost as much sand.

We were at Mr. Sanchos June 23, 2006. We arrived in Cozumel from the Mariner. They did lose quite a bit of beach, but we had a good time. They have drink/food service on the beach. They also have a roaming Mexican band. You can rent wave runner, parasail, ATV, and banana boat right there on the beach. We noticed that on the taxi ride to Mr. Sanchos' that the parking lot for Playa Mia (?) was packed. Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all! There is also a shopping area as you enter the beach.:)

We were at Mr Sanchos in March, our third time there, first after Wilma. They did lost a tremendous amount of beach, in fact the whole beach that was in front of the restuarant. Now the beach area with table and chairs is to the sides. The new restaurant they built is really nice and the new small zero edge pool is nice as well. Service was exceptional as usual as was the food and the cold Sol beers. We were a party of 9 and everyone really enjoyed ourselves.

Hi!

Sorry That I Am So Late In Getting Back To You. You Really Don't Need A Reservation For Horseback Riding At Mr. Sanchos. The Cost Is $30 Per Person For Half An Hour. We Didn't Check The Rates For Children As We Both Do Not Have Any. Sorry! They Will Match You Up With The Horses And Believe Me They Are Really Gentle And Well Cared For! They Will Even Give You A Step Ladder To Use To Climb Up On The Horse:d The Tour Guide Will Get On His Horse And You Will Follow Behind Him. With My Husband, The Tour Guide Reached Behind And Helped Guide The Horse Along. They Move Real Slow And He Will Take You Through Paths Thorough The Forest And Then Right Onto The Beach Where You Can Pose On The Horses For Pictures. It Is Just Breathtaking!!! Let Us Know If You Decide To Go There Or Not!

Bob And Deb

Archived