Liquor purchased on ship

jean95404

I haven't seen my previous post on this, or any answers you may have shared.

My husband has asked "If we buy a bottle of liquor in the ship's store, can we take it to our cabin for consumption?" I don't think we can, but am not sure.

I'm sure if you do a search you'll find many, many threads on this subject, but basically they are supposed to hold any bottles purchased at the ship's store until the last day at sea, although a few people said they were allowed to walk out with them (maybe on the last day). You can buy bottles from the bars or room service for at sea consumption, although there were also a few recent post that indicated Princess may be eliminating that service or reducing the size of the bottles.

I believe it is through room service or pre=arranged through Cruise Personalizer" you can get a 375ml {about a pint} of vodka, rum, whiskey, etc delivered to your room along with 3 cans of coke or other mixer for I believe the price is $17.00. Not great but not too bad a deal either.

:D

I was on the Island this past May and was able to purchase a 1 litter bottle of J&B scotch for I think $23.00. Not a bad price. There were select bars that sold bottles to be taken back to your room and the selection was limited. I could not get a single malt to take back even though they did have several brands. The bars differ from ship to ship so you need to ask but it is cheaper then room service.

Good luck.

Archived