Is pre-registration for Cunard by fax only??

Funatabi

Hi.

My TA tells me to pre-register online at the Cunard site. I can't seem to find anything resembling an "online" registration area. However, I did find a fax sheet that I have to print, fill out by hand, and fax to Cunard.

This is the only way, right? As there is no such, quote, "online" registration form for Cunard.

Thanks for letting me know.

You can register on line I did ours a few months ago when my voyage information booklet arrived. Instructions are in there on page 13. You log on to www.cunard.co.uk/voyagepersonaliser you then select PERSONALISE your voyage now! However I am from UK could that possibly make a difference? Pat

I am from the US and I can get into my cruise info on the UK site but get an error message everytime I try to put in the passport and emergency contact info- If anyone has had success in doing so on this webiste please let us know Thanks

I also tried voyage personaliser on the UK site but this only applies to UK residents right now. Other residents have to register as previously done.

Two weeks ago I got a mail from Cunard about this.

It seems other cruiselines are a little bit more advanced ....3 years ago I did already online registration with HAL

Reint

I am from the US and I can get into my cruise info on the UK site but get an error message everytime I try to put in the passport and emergency contact info- If anyone has had success in doing so on this webiste please let us know Thanks

I'M FROM NEW JERSEY USA AFTER MANY TRIES I WAS ABLE TO FILL OUT MOST OF THE INFO REQUIRED BUT I KEEP GETTING DROPED OFF THE SITE.

Bottom line. North Americans more or less have to fill out the form manually and fax it in. The UK site does have a voyage personalizer which contains some of the info on your trip but I found it incomplete and like most here have also had problems. There are some parts I just cannot change. It sounds like the UK registration process is more advance than the current availability for North Americans booked through the US office.

I am not sure why Cunard is so far behind in technology in regards to this process when almost every other line has had the ability to have online registration.

Hopefully some day Cunard will be up to speed with its competition.

We registered over the phone with Cunard (1-800-7-CUNARD). You'll be asked for your voyage ID number, name, and phone #. They took all the information over the phone from us.

I checked our registration through the Cunard UK website ("personalizing your voyage") and they had everything already entered on the database. I recommend speaking with someone live rather than risking fax or online...this way, you know it's done and noted and you can check through the website to confirm everything (including cabin assignment).

Thanks for the replies. At least I don't feel embarrassed like I've missed something on the website that I was supposed to see. It's just so unbelieveable that I have to fax this, that I thought I would ask before I went through the motions. Yes, Cunard is really behind the times in this respect.

Interesting about the UK Site. I suspect that non-UK people have trouble registering their passport numbers because of the difference in numbering that don't match the UK passports, so the system rejects them.

I will check the UK site and see if my info gets input correctly.

Thanks.

I am not sure why Cunard is so far behind in technology in regards to this process when almost every other line has had the ability to have online registration.

Hopefully some day Cunard will be up to speed with its competition.

Cunard is similarly far behind with its lack of ability to take shore excursion reservations online. Curious, this lack of current technology.

If you booked through a travel agent, your travel agent can also enter your information in the Polar Booking engine.

But the agent has to have access to your bookng, which means you have to have booked thrugh them, or handed the booking over to them through Cunard.

Karie, who already registered Marc's Dad and his wife, before they cancelled their cruise with us!

I faxed two registration forms at the same time; received my fax confirmation showing all of the pages went through - seems all is well. I was on the phone with Cunard checking on something else and for no reason at all decided to confirm the registrations. Good thing I did. The information was there for one passenger but Cunard had no record of the second passenger. Go figure!

We are from the US and will be on the Oct.12 sailing on the QM2 and we were able do all of our embarkation registration online. I then confirmed this with Cunard by calling them. The QM2 is not considered a cruise ship she is a LUXURY LINER. That is one of the big differences. :)

Dave & Mary

Dave & Mary:

Can you shed some light on how you accomplished doing this online? I've looked through the Cunard website to do this for my 2 upcoming cruises on the QM2 but could not find anything. Had to call Cunard myself and provide this information over the phone.

Regards,

This past weekend I faxed Cunard the info for our cruise. I asked them to send me an acknowledgement, stating that they did get the fax. I didn't receive any reply.

But, I was able to get into the UK site voyage personaliser and I found that the details for both of us had been entered correctly. At least that saves a phone call, as all should be in order.

Finally, I too am curious how Dave and Mary (Gipper77) accomplished this online.

Archived