Infinity's Sep 13 voyage cancelled and Sept. 23 delayed a day

DaneViking

Speaking about the Sep 23 voyage, because that is the one I have been monitoring:

Five days ago

Cabins available in all categories, including both penthouse suites.

Three days ago

All categories marked as "SOLD OUT"

From yesterday

No visible pricing or booking status at all. Only the iteneary can be viewed.

...And something similar appears to be going on for the Sep 10 voyage.

Has Celebrity something in the boiler for those two cruises, or am I starting to worry too early?

DaneViking

I noticed this yesterday as well. Since I am on the September 13 cruise, I called Celebrity and got the expected 'Sold out' answer. Oh well, I can't blame the CS rep, that's probably all he has been told, even if upper management has already decided to change the schedule for a dry dock.

With all the propulsion problems, I do think it highly likely Infinity will be dry docked before the lucrative South America season. They really can't afford any problems there. And Celebrity knows from the past that the first 10 months after a dry dock are problem-free...

Best Regards,

Floris

Speaking about the Sep 23 voyage, because that is the one I have been monitoring:

Five days ago

Cabins available in all categories, including both penthouse suites.

Three days ago

All categories marked as "SOLD OUT"

From yesterday

No visible pricing or booking status at all. Only the iteneary can be viewed.

...And something similar appears to be going on for the Sep 10 voyage.

Has Celebrity something in the boiler for those two cruises, or am I starting to worry too early?

DaneViking

Hi Dane !

I am sorry to say, but that is a classic sign that something is up. The same types of things just happened to us on our 4/13/07 Constellation sailing, and sure enough.... the sailing was changed from a Caribbean sailing to a Transatlantic sailing. This was all done, to get Constellation into Drydock sooner than originally planned.

While I am not saying for certain that your sailing is cancelled, I would closely keep an eye on it, and consider alternate Cruise plans, in case your sailing is cancelled.

While it is a good thing that Celebrity is trying to be more proactive about getting the M-Class ships in for maintanance, it is a shame these drydocks could not have had better advance planning, as many passengers travel plans have been disrupted due to all of these changes.

Attention cruisers of September 23rd......

Our itinerary has changed!!!!!

No Cabo....

Board, while the ship is at sea on the 23, docked in SF on 24th..... (what are they going to do..drop us from planes?!)

Date Port/City Activity Description

Sat, Sep 23 At Sea Boarding

Sun, Sep 24 San Francisco, California Docked Depart 5:00 PM

Mon, Sep 25 At Sea

Tue, Sep 26 At Sea

Wed, Sep 27 At Sea

Thu, Sep 28 Acapulco, Mexico Docked Arrive 10:00 AM Depart 11:00 PM

Fri, Sep 29 Huatulco, Mexico Docked Arrive 11:30 AM Depart 6:30 PM

Sat, Sep 30 At Sea

Sun, Oct 01 Puntarenas, Costa Rica Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 7:00 PM

Mon, Oct 02 At Sea

Tue, Oct 03 Panama Canal (Cruising) Tendered Arrive 6:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

Tue, Oct 03 Cristobal Pier, Panama Docked Arrive 6:00 PM Depart 11:00 PM

Wed, Oct 04 At Sea

Thu, Oct 05 Oranjestad, Aruba Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Fri, Oct 06 At Sea

Sat, Oct 07 At Sea

Sun, Oct 08 Fort Lauderdale, Florida Departure Arrive 7:00 AM

Now, what this means for those people onboard before us, I don't know. I guess they will be put into life rafts the last night, as we are dropped from planes, or it will be "two to a bunk"

Here is to keeping my fingers crossed that I still get to go!

Thanks. We're on the Sept 13th sailing which is why I'm curious. Maybe we have a long swim to prepare for on the night of the 23rd.

Looks like if you have September 13th booked you have hit the Celebrity lottery.

Floris is likely to be correct in his assumption that Infinity is most probably headed for drydock if they are fooling around with the itinerary at this point in time??? Congratulations or condolences are in order??? Depends if your glass is half full or half empty I guess.

Yes the cruises for Sept 3 (possible for 13 also) is CANCELLED.

Have just spent 30 mins on phone with Celebrity, being lied to , told "not to listen to rumors, the cruises are as plannned" told "Not to get hysterical" 6 Times staff refused to connect me with Supervisor "there is no need I can tell you all you want to know about times in port" (of course that was not my enquiry)

Finally after I said "either give me supervisor or I will report you BY NAME to those in the top echelons" The girl - "Cassendra" finally put me on hold then came back and agreed yes there was a problem with these sailings, no she could not tell me what it was, nor what was going to happen to me as a passenger.

Told me "I would be informed in due course"

To say I am furious with the treatment dished out by Celebrity Head Office is to put it midly, the treatment today is disgusting.

This girl lied and lied and lied, implied I was the one at fault because I wanted to know if my cruise was cancelled! That I was just listening to wild rumors ! No apology when she came back to announce I was correct, and no assistence concerning my vacation plans now up in limbo.

TA not available, agency switchboard jammed up. I have plane tickets Hotel in SF all through Celebrity and have booked for a B2B Alaska/Panama.

Oh, I'd hope this isn't true! My TA (not my usual, she is on vacation...again) just called and said everything was fine, and there was just a gitch in there system! I wasn't buying it, as I trust these boards more the Celebrities 'customer service'.

Jimsgirl, the CS reps weren't lying to you, they simply don't know yet. Somewhere within RCI, schedueling is trying to reserve dry dock space and has therefore temporarily blocked further bookings for these cruises. To the CS reps, they show up as sold out, just as they do to us on Celebrity's website. Now you and I know from experience that if a cruise has tens of cabins available yesterday and is sold out today, something is fishy... but the CS reps truly don't know that. Not until somebody finalizes the dry dock arrangements, updates the itineraries and informs the CS reps will they be able to provide any useful information.

Infinity has been in both the Victoria drydock and the San Francisco drydock before... so a dry dock between September 3 and September 23 is highly likely - it prevents pod problems during the very lucrative South America season.

The big question is: will they cancel the September 3 or the September 13 sailing?

Best Regards,

Floris

"Cassendra" finally put me on hold then came back and agreed yes there was a problem with these sailings, no she could not tell me what it was, nor what was going to happen to me as a passenger.

But, based upon your (very accurate?) record of the conversation, she did not say that the cruise is definitely 'cancelled', or did she?

Fire!

Whether or not the Celebrity reps are lying is not the point; the point is that if Celebrity management KNOWS its going to have to put the Infinity into drydock then why not tell passengers the truth, that there is a possibility that cruises scheduled between specific dates may be cancelled to make repairs? I continue to be amazed at some posters who defend X's right to do anything they want anytime they want without regard for their passengers. If I had a cruise in September I would want to know TODAY if its going to be cancelled.

Again, for those posters who are independently wealthy or retired or cruise 5-6 times a year: Many of us actually care when and where we cruise because we are taking time off from work and often can't reschedule and/or have to schedule far in advance. Some of us even have our own flight and hotel arrangements (not wanting to trust X with this, as they seem to have their hands full just making it from one port to the other) so again, a cancellation is a big deal. Even if we get a refund, it does not replace a much-needed vacation. So, be patient with us. All we want is what we paid for - not what X decides to give us.

Archived