Boarding time for Glory

buckeyeinmd

Going on Glory this Saturday. How early can (or did) you board? Ticket says 1:30 to 3:30 (we sail at 4). Would like to get on as early as we can but don't want to have to stand in line all morning at the Port - traveling with kids who don't like to wait. Thanks.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

We got there about 9:30 and sat around and waited. Started getting in line around 11. True, had to wait, but we didn't have any kids and would rather wait there as anywhere else. We were one of the first ones on the ship. Went straight to the lido deck for lunch and drink of the day. Have a great cruise:D

I am impressed that they allowed you there at 9:30.

I wouldnt head there til at least 10:30. Security does not open til about 11. and could be onboard about noon. You cant get to your cabin til about 1- 1:30 so pack lightly-- let kids wear bathing suits if they plan on swimming. Expect at least an hour wait.

If you want no waiting at the pier go about 3pm.

Although there were not many people going thru, security was definitely there and working. I have never heard that they didn't start till 11. There were several wedding parties waiting, several other families and US. We bought a newspaper and sat there and waited (and dreamed about the minute we boarded the ship) A lot of people don't want to wait at the port for a long time. I would just as soon be sitting there waiting then in the hotel waiting. We met another couple there that we kept running into the whole week on the ship. I like to have maximum time on the ship and would hope to never arrive after 11. but that is just me;)

We are also going on the Glory Sat! Just thought that I would send over a hello and happy sailing to you and your family! We wont be getting to the pier until around 2;30-3:00 due to our flight. I hope by that time we wont have to wait. But at that time I am expecting all the "food" to be gone! LOL :D We will be childless as we are going on an anniversary cruise otherwise I would be asking you about the children's ages! Have a great cruise!

Leenie

Just a side tip. I know a lot of folks want to get on by noon to eat lunch...hence getting to the dock at 6AM (lol). Be sure to eat a late, large breakfast just in case you don't get to start boarding until 1:30pm. Surprise customs inspections, immigration problems and other things can delay boarding. They usually don't, but it does not hurt to be prepared.

We used to get to ports between 10 and 10:30...but now that we are Platinum and have the VIP Check In...we are going to move that to 11am.

Just a side tip. I know a lot of folks want to get on by noon to eat lunch...hence getting to the dock at 6AM (lol). Be sure to eat a late, large breakfast just in case you don't get to start boarding until 1:30pm. Surprise customs inspections, immigration problems and other things can delay boarding. They usually don't, but it does not hurt to be prepared.

We used to get to ports between 10 and 10:30...but now that we are Platinum and have the VIP Check In...we are going to move that to 11am.

We are also going on the Glory Sat! Just thought that I would send over a hello and happy sailing to you and your family! We wont be getting to the pier until around 2;30-3:00 due to our flight. I hope by that time we wont have to wait. But at that time I am expecting all the "food" to be gone! LOL :D We will be childless as we are going on an anniversary cruise otherwise I would be asking you about the children's ages! Have a great cruise!

Leenie

Leenie...lucky you. Don't suppose I can drop my kids and inlaws with you so you can remember why you left everyone at home? :)

Lucky us...we get to travel tomorrow (Fri) while they are still figuring out the new procedures.

Doug

We sailed on Glory 7-29 and arrived by car at the pier at 11:00 a.m. sharp. At that time they still had not posted the police officer who supervises the line of cars waiting to leave off bags.

Until the officer arrived (around 11:30), it was chaos. At 11:00 a lot of porters are still helping to carry off the bags of debarking passengers, and are not yet available to help the arrivals. Without supervision of the incoming cars, there are too few porters to remove their bags and load them on the bins for carriage to the ship.

Based on our experience, I would recommend arriving at 11:30. Even though a fair number of passengers will have arrived by that time, creating a fairly long line through security, the lines move quickly.

I didn't enjoy the "wild west" atmosphere of cars randomly jockeying for a limited number of stalls to offload their bags at 11 a.m.

By 11:30 all the porters are finished with the debarking passengers, and things are organized more smoothly for the arrivals.

Hey Doug.. Have a super time at the airport! I am beginning to be a nervous wreck over this stuff! No this,, no that I am just NOT taking a carryon at all now!.. All the checked luggage is going to be overweight! LOL I would love to watch your kiddos and Inlaws for ya! But I am sure you want them in camp carnival (age depending ofcourse!)... even the InLaws! Happy cruising.. I now wish I was driving to Florida! HAA :D I am secretly hoping your family isnt our dinner table mates! J/K

Leenie :p

Hey Doug.. :D I am secretly hoping your family isnt our dinner table mates! J/K

Leenie :p

Don't worry..there are 9 in our group so I'm sure we have our own table. Kids are packed..wife is mostly packed and I haven't started...too busy reading all the messages.... :D

Doug

Archived