New restrictions for Airlines

HaloV

I am sure that the strict policies instituted today will change in the coming days. You can't even bring bottled water for example. Some airports are not even allowing you to buy bottled drinks at concessions behind security.

Not sure about better safe than dead. In this context, those aren't the only options available, IMHO.

I just pulled this off the internet. Hoping these measures will relax by the time I get ready to head to Alaska in Spetember.

AIRPORT SECURITY RULES

New measures in place Thursday

— Liquids are banned from carry-on luggage and cannot be taken through security checkpoints. That includes drinks, toothpaste, perfume, shampoo, hair gel, suntan lotion and similar items. Drinks purchased in the airport cannot be carried onto flights.

— Baby formula and medications will be allowed but must be presented for inspection at security checkpoints.

— All shoes must be removed and placed on an X-ray belt for screening.

— Passengers are also asked to arrive at least two hours early to allow for additional screening.

— Passengers traveling to the United Kingdom should contact their airline for information about any extra security measures or precautions that might be required. Laptop computers, mobile phones and iPods were among items banned on British flights.

Same here. We land in Seattle at 9:20 p.m. and our flight's supposed to leave at 11:30. Hadn't thought much about it before this, but now that might be cutting it kind of close. But maybe it being a Saturday night, it won't be too crowded.

Same here. We land in Seattle at 9:20 p.m. and our flight's supposed to leave at 11:30. Hadn't thought much about it before this, but now that might be cutting it kind of close. But maybe it being a Saturday night, it won't be too crowded.

If you are on a connecting flight ("we land in Seattle"), you are airside-already past security. Other than maybe a flight delay, you should be fine.

We're taking a bus shuttle from the dock in Vancouver to SeaTac. Does anyone know how long a drive this is? I realize the border crossing may take a while. Assuming we get off the ship by 9:30Am, (docking time is 7:00AM) our flight out of SeaTac is 3:20PM Does that sound OK? Keeping our fingers crossed! Really appreciate all the info on this site.

See2Sea

Good point. Thanks. I assume coming in from Vancouver wouldn't make a difference?

I assume you are flying Vancouver-Seattle-??

You go through US customs and immigration in Vancouver before departing. So the Vancouver to Seattle flight is then considered a domestic US flight. If your routing is as I assumed, then yes, it would not make a difference. You would not go through security in Seattle again.

Archived