What did you pay from EWR to Bayonne?

I have just firmed up my travel plans for the repo. cruise of Explorer in November. I am dropping two one-way rental cars off at the Avis terminal at Newark airport. Now, I searched the threads for a price on a taxi and am thinking it is about $35 from Newark to the ship.

Has anybody recently made the trip and how much did you pay? We have a total of 9 people so I am assuming we can get a van so we can all stay together- if so how much more do you think a van would be? And, lastly, I was told by Avis the cruise terminal is less than 5 miles from the airport, is that right?

Planning a trip for 4 families is NOOOOOO FUN!!!!! I'm just waiting for this part to be done so I can be sitting on the ship having my first drink- then it will have been worth it!

We paid 40 plus tip from the courtyard ewr/elizabeth....i would think that if there were van cabs they would cost the same.

the port is close but traffic makes the trip about 20-30 minutes, most of that spent in traffic to get from the entrance to the terminal......

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed.

It has been difficult to work out how we are going to get where we need to be and how much it will cost in the process. Booking the cruise was the easy part!

Since we live outside of Baltimore it is an easy drive for us if we were coming back to Bayonne (about 4 hours), but I'd been having trouble finding someone willing to drive a rented 15 passenger van there and back to Maryland.

So, now we have rented 2 vehicles for a one-way drop off at Newark. I was surprised at the relatively low cost. From there we'll catch a transfer over to the ship.

Coming home was the easy part, nobody minds picking you up at the airport AFTER a cruise.

If you are coming in to Bayonne the day of the cruise, just be sure to get a very early start. The traffic around Philly can be horrible in the morning.

From where I live it is a faster drive (and there aren't any tolls) to go through Harrisburg PA and then east on 83. We totally avoid I-95 all together.

I am nervous leaving the day of- we plan on starting out no later than 7:30 which should put us to the ship by noon. I have my tom-tom ready to go for an alternate route in the event of a traffic nightmare! I'm still toying with the idea of leaving Thursday night after the kids get out of school and getting a hotel room for the night. I have a few days to decide.

Shannon

Archived