Someone who traveled DCL and RCCL

We have to make a decision tonight as to who is going in what cabin. (LOL I have a long post regarding our family dilemma)

We have traveled on DCL in a Cat 5 balcony room. I am trying to make the argument that we need to spread ourselves out more, because our RCCL rooms (Cat D1 - 9520, 9522, & 9524) are 80 square ft smaller than what we had last time on DCL and we are trying to put more people in them!

My vote is to keep the 3rd cabin, but the price of sliding the 2 people for that cabin under the other 2 rooms as a 3rd & 4th person is so appealing. $400 pp instead of $1300 pp is how I am losing this battle, LOL.

Does anyone have any insight, having stayed in RCCL and DCL rooms?

I need some backup. :rolleyes:

I've never done DCL, but if this is a vacation, do you really want to travel "coach"? I can't imagine having so many in a room, unless they are little babies. (And if they were babies, I leave them with Grandma!!!!) RCI's rooms are not the largest--and unless you're in a suite, the storage is minimal at best. Of course, it's up to you and your pocketbook. I'd say, if you can afford it, do the 3 cabins.

Keep in mind that not only are the RCI cabins smaller, but they do not have the split bathrooms like DCI.

Ditto....the split bathroom is a huge plus when on DCL...Go for the extra room or claim a bathroom for yourself:)

We went on DCL a couple of years ago and stayed in the Family Suite (balcony w/ split bathroom). There were four of us in the cabin: DH and two DD and myself. That was a tight fit. (Though we LOVED the bathroom set up!) My DH and I were on a RCI last fall in a D1 cabin and the first thing we said when we entered the cabin was: "the four of us could never share this room." For our next cruise in November, we're getting adjoining D1 cabins. Although people often say the cabin size is not important, because how much time do you actually spend in it?....I disagree, I think you spend more time in your cabin than you realize. You don't want to spend your vacation wishing you had more space because you're tripping over everyone!

Hi there A split Bath is a bathroom sent from Disney Heaven:) One room has a toilet and a sink. and the other has a shower tub combo and another sink. we were 2 adults and 2 children and it works great we split up. I have 4 children the boys go across the hall (inside) and we are right across ( and a baby monitor works great on the ship granted my boys were 16 & 11 and were not too happy with the monitor most nights but hay I am the mom:D :D. What ever you decide ENJOY!! Polarismom of 4:D

Archived