Marriott Quito re Oxygen

drfun48

I guess I'll stay on a lower floor with more oxygen

Sorry for the sloppy sentance structure,but I didn't mean to suggest that the oxygen would be provided when you were on tour in Quito,but only when in your hotel room.I guess you knew that, but it was your attempt at humor.

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone interested,I just got an email direct from the fron desk and they informed me that they can provide oxygen ,free of charge for guests who need it due to the altitude when in their rooms.

My husband Morty and I just returned from this trip. I wanted to reassure everyone, there was loads of bottled water wherever we went. I did take altitude medicine, there was a young girl who had to have a doctor and oxygen as she had a medical problem coming to Quito. When you go up the steps to the Crater restaurant, you do get out of breath. Take it slow. Otherwise, no one seemed to have a bad time due to the altitude. We had a wonderful trip. I couldn't do the strenuous island visits, but Morty did. A couple were very challenging. The Ecuadorians were friendly and welcoming; they would do whatever we wanted. I hope all of you out there have a great trip on the Celebrity Expedition.

Dorothy & Morty e-mail: mrs_z@bellsouth.net

Archived