What does "bump" mean?

Stanley

I'm am pretty ignorant to the workings of the boards. Can someone tell me what it means to "bump" one of these threads? I'm sure it is a way to get a particular thread so that it is listed sooner or something like that. Then again, I may be wrong.

Duke, LOVED your answer......

Carlene, thanks for your reply as well. What you told me is what I was thinking. I don't mind where the postings are. I guess some people just like to Bump de Bump.

Could someone tell me how one "bumps" a thread? I thought this is something that the Administrator had to do. Now since I'm a member of XSNOBS, I would never ever consider "bumping" my thread to the top - but I do wish to be informed. Thankx.

E

That is actually a joke directed at our own beloved Newt (see the Newt Fan Clud for detail on this glorious individual). He wanted to be remembered for reaching "blue ribbon" status despite the fact that his count was decreased during the conversion. If he could be "blue ribbon" I figured I could be "mega blue ribbon"!

I will change it back eventually.

Archived