Duty Free Purchases prior 8/10

DebbieO

After watching the news this morning again with the restrictions in flying, it hit me that maybe there were some people cruising this week that were in St. Thomas, say Tuesday, made liquor purchases and had them sent back to the ship. Now when they return this weekend, they are under these new restrictions of not carrying liquids on the plane. Does that mean these people are forced to leave their bottle(s) at the airport? I also wondered if maybe the cruise lines maybe relaxed their rules and let the passengers have their liquor purchases before the last night? Anybody have any ideas of this is being handled? Just curious. A tube of toothpaste or suntan lotion is one thing, but say 4 litres of a good scotch could be costly! There could be some TSA people in Florida or San Juan having a great time! Thanks for your input.

Debbie

The new TSA regulation is for carry-on luggage only. Those buying any liquor, or other liquids, will have to put them in their checked luggage.

I'm sure the cruise ships are notifying pax even as I type.

I hope the onboard shops start stocking bubblewrap!!!!

McDebbie,

That's a great response and a great idea!!! I would even rather give it to a cruise passenger who didn't need to fly home than turn it in at the airport! We are sailing in October and had hoped to bring home liquor for the holidays. Isn't looking like that's going to happen!

Archived